Walk for Life in San Francisco

• Thread starter Thread starter cmejia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cmejia

Howdy! Is anyone planning to go to the Pro Life march in SF on Jan 21st? Just wanted to make sure everyone knows about it. I went last year and it was great! It felt good to be an almost native (grew up in Pacifica 7 miles away, but born in SF hospital and lived here 15 years). If you do plan on going brace yourself for some freaks on the other side. This is the best place to have this march since the opposition makes themselevs look so foolish and we get some really great press.

Cindy

40.png
cmejia:
Howdy! Is anyone planning to go to the Pro Life march in SF on Jan 21st? Just wanted to make sure everyone knows about it. I went last year and it was great! It felt good to be an almost native (grew up in Pacifica 7 miles away, but born in SF hospital and lived here 15 years). If you do plan on going brace yourself for some freaks on the other side. This is the best place to have this march since the opposition makes themselevs look so foolish and we get some really great press.

Cindy
If you pay for my flight from the Philippines I’ll join in!! 😃

Well I still don’t get unless it was meant sarcastically.
The point of my original statement is that even though I am very Pro-Life what is the point in asking across the world through this forum for people to join the walk when that is impractical. Those attending undoubtedly will live in or close to San Francisco.

Okay2… but the thread was simply titled “…in San Francisco”… 🙂

Anyway I really hope the walk is successful and more folks come round to a Pro-Life view.

40.png
thistle:
Well I still don’t get unless it was meant sarcastically.
The point of my original statement is that even though I am very Pro-Life what is the point in asking across the world through this forum for people to join the walk when that is impractical. Those attending undoubtedly will live in or close to San Francisco.
Thistle,
Wow. I’m stunned. Why did you assume I was being sarcastic? It just means hopefully God heard you and will make it so. I’m sorry you’ve never heard it before. As for asking people on this forum, many are coming from all across America for this march. Sort of like going to Washington for a march. There’s much signifigance to the fact that’s it’s taking place here in SF.

Cindy

40.png
cmejia:
Thistle,
Wow. I’m stunned. Why did you assume I was being sarcastic? It just means hopefully God heard you and will make it so. I’m sorry you’ve never heard it before. As for asking people on this forum, many are coming from all across America for this march. Sort of like going to Washington for a march. There’s much signifigance to the fact that’s it’s taking place here in SF.

Cindy
My sincere apologies. I guess I took my grumpy pills by mistake this morning. I really do hope the walk is a success though as its something I really believe in.

40.png
thistle:
My sincere apologies. I guess I took my grumpy pills by mistake this morning. I really do hope the walk is a success though as its something I really believe in.
I hadn’t heard that expression before either, but I like it. I may use it now that I heard it. I agree it is very significant that it is in SF. That city has so many secular trends going and so much trouble. It is a beautiful city but it is starting to sound like a Godless one. I like the idea that Catholics will stand up for what is right. The march is scheduled at the same time as the Washington DC one, so I wonder if all cities are having one so that we can participate if we are unable to attend the one in DC?

40.png
thistle:
Thistle,
I love it! Hey, I’ve been known to take the same pills. Ask my husband…

Fritz,
Actually I think you’re right. That’s probably why this is called “Walk for Life West”. I don’t think it’s every city but maybe a few. Here’s the link for ours walkforlifewc.com/. I couldn’t find an east coast link so maybe it’s under a different name.

Thanks for all your support,
Cindy

I would love to be able to participate in this walk someday 🙂 I would rather participate in this one than the one in Washington! But since I’m in GA and not in a position to travel across the country, I’ll have to settle to be with you all in prayer instead of in person.

I attended the one in Canada last year (since that’s where I’m from and it is convenient to me 😛 )
Anyway, March for life is such an awesome experience and a chance to give yourself as a wonderful witness to the prolife message. Please attend if you are able.
-Alison

San Francisco Godless?? Why they have a god/dess of every description on every corner.:whacky:

Why, several times a year Christ is even mentioned at G__ Memorial amongst the rock bands, dance fests, and goddess worshipping socialites “being seen!”

Of course, the Diocese does get in trouble every year for its “exclusionary” St. Patrick’s Day parade, featuring Chinese dragons, but no drag queens (yet TBTG!). The City has practically unfunded it, last I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back