Was given a miraculous medal.. what's it mean?

• Thread starter Thread starter carol_marie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carol_marie

Hi. I was given a miraculous medal. I’m wearing it with my cross but I have no idea what it means. Can someone explain please…

John Russell Jr:
The miraculous medal was given to St Catherine Laboure in 1830 by our Lady. When it finally started being circulated there were so many miracles it got it’s name. You have to have it blessed, be enrolled and wear it. Check out this great story on the link below.
therealpresence.org/archives/Miracles/Miracles_002.htm
A short history of the medal-
ladyofallnations.org/rudubachx.htm
Ok, so now I’m a little freaked out. I read the history of the medal link (very helpful by the way) but if you scroll down towards the end you’ll see a warning about a false medal being sold by some evil Priest. How do I know if mine is the real thing? It’s quite tiny (like the size of my pinky nail) so I can’t make out many details - I have no idea of the image of Mary is crushing a serpent. Now what? I’d hate to wear the evil one…
(mine was purchased at a Catholic Bookstore) ??

carol marie:
Ok, so now I’m a little freaked out. I read the history of the medal link (very helpful by the way) but if you scroll down towards the end you’ll see a warning about a false medal being sold by some evil Priest. How do I know if mine is the real thing? It’s quite tiny (like the size of my pinky nail) so I can’t make out many details - I have no idea of the image of Mary is crushing a serpent. Now what? I’d hate to wear the evil one…
(mine was purchased at a Catholic Bookstore) ??
Hi,
i would ask the priest to check its authenticity, when he is to bless it. Fakes would be extremely rare, given the huge numbers that are made and circulated. I would be surprised if you had a fake one.
Also, if you feel confident the bookstore is orthodox, you should not worry. They will not sell fakes.

The Priest already blessed it, along with my cross. What does it mean to be “enrolled?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back