G
GBR1
Guest
Hi everyone,
So I went to confession last week in a church I had never been before. As usual I told the priest my sins and he gave me an absolution. I went to one of the pews and knelt down to say my penance, when I suddenly realized that he never gave me one. I went back over to the priest and feeling rather silly (I mean how did I not realize this earlier
) I told him he forgot to give me a penance. He explained to me that he only gives penances to children, I thought this was very bizarre as I had never gone to confession without receiving a penance before. Uncomfortable with not having one, I said the same one I had after my last confession, thanked God for his mercy, and left. Looking back on it a week later I don’t recall saying the Act of Contrition either, but it was a week ago so maybe I did, but just don’t remember.
So, to summarize, I confessed my sins, received absolution, but did not receive a penance, and may not have said an Act of Contrition. Was my confession valid? Thanks in advance for responses.
So I went to confession last week in a church I had never been before. As usual I told the priest my sins and he gave me an absolution. I went to one of the pews and knelt down to say my penance, when I suddenly realized that he never gave me one. I went back over to the priest and feeling rather silly (I mean how did I not realize this earlier
So, to summarize, I confessed my sins, received absolution, but did not receive a penance, and may not have said an Act of Contrition. Was my confession valid? Thanks in advance for responses.