Was the religious experience I had in my dream real?

• Thread starter Thread starter Madaglan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Madaglan

First I’d like to say that before last night I never had a dream in which I dreamt of angels, Jesus, Mary or the saints. Occassionally (maybe a few times a year) I’d have very vivid dreams of being attacked by the devil, and which would wake me up feeling like I had just been confronted by profound evil.

So, last night–actually around 7 a.m. in the morning when I was still asleep–I dreamt that I was in a locker room with some other guys. All of a sudden a torrent of water comes around the corner and washes us out of the locker room and outside into the fresh air.

After a while, I start talking with a friend, and he tells me how the Virgin Mary has been in contact with him for a while. Then, after this I look up into the sky. The sun is no longer blinding. It is still yellow though. And then it starts spinning around in circles, like a top. And then this really supernatural aura begins to surround the sun. Suddenly I feel as though I’m surrounded by God, and then I feel penetrated with an overpowering sensation of infinite love and peace. And then I started debating with myself what it was that I was feeling; and as I was doing this in my dream I woke up in my bed. It was like waking up from a nightmare, only it wasn’t something bad that I was dreaming about–quite the opposite in fact. Was what I experienced real? :bigyikes:

Maybe I just spend too much time on catholicanswers.org 😃

dreams usually are about your waking life, and sometimes your unconcsious gives you answers about things that are going on there. I am no shrink, but I would ask you what is going on in the locker room with the other guys that requires cleansing and fresh air. If you are looking for the answers in Jesus through Mary, it shows you are on the right path, and know how to recognize the light of truth when you see it.

About 15-20 years ago I was working three jobs (one full-time job and two part-time jobs – one in the morning for a couple of hours before my full-time job and another one in the evening for a couple of hours after my full-time job) and I usually used Saturdays to catch up on much needed sleep and normally didn’t roll out of bed until about noon.

One early Saturday morning I had a very vivid dream. I dreamnt that I encountered God the Father. I could see the face but I just “knew” who it was and he said three words to me: “Go to confession.” I immediately woke up and even though it was around 6am in the morning, I wasn’t tired. I was wide awake. I instantly got dressed and drove to a church which I knew had confessions just before their 7am Mass.

Was God really talking to me? I don’t know but at the time it felt VERY real.

Originally Quoted by Sir Knight:
One early Saturday morning I had a very vivid dream. I dreamnt that I encountered God the Father. I could see the face but I just “knew” who it was and he said three words to me: “Go to confession.” I immediately woke up and even though it was around 6am in the morning, I wasn’t tired. I was wide awake. I instantly got dressed and drove to a church which I knew had confessions just before their 7am Mass.
Was God really talking to me? I don’t know but at the time it felt VERY real.
That’s wild.

you know, i often have very vivid dreams. i have tried to seek answers from my “spiritual” friends, but nobody can tell me whether or not what i experience in my dream is real or not (nobody can, really) - but that when i wake up, immediately seek answers from God if there is something He wants me to know about what i just dreamed, or if it was meaningless, just a dream like any other dream.

i am no expert other than to say i have had extremely vivid dreams, and usually dream something i remember on a daily basis. i believe God can speak to you through your dreams (the bible speaks of men having dreams and visions, no?) and that it is possible for you to experience evil in an other-worldy sense, too. that unpleasant to think about but i usually experience all of it, especially during the time of a trial.

so in my humble opinion, i vote yes, i believe what you experienced was real. who is to say it wasn’t?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back