Was this the wrong reason to vote for something?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nsper7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nsper7

Guest
I live in Gainesville, FL and yesterday there was a city election. In the election, there was an amendment being voted for that would remove protections against discrimination (i.e. in workplace and housing) against gays and transgenders.

Anyway, I supported the amendment. One of the official reasons people supported the amendment was to ensure that a man could not claim he was a women (in terms of gender) and then use the female restroom and potentially lead to like pedophilia or something.

But there were a couple of other reasons I supported the amendment:
  1. I see at as we are in a culture war and that if the amendment fails (which it actually did in the end), it will be spun as a victory for homosexuality and transgender types
  2. I do not want to make it easier for people to live in sin. After all, by banning discrimination against gays and transgenders, it only makes it easier for them to behave the way they do.
Are either of these two reasons kind of sinful reasons that I supported the amendment?
 
I think that giving a specifict type of human being the rights of all other human beings is correct and should not be taken away. However giving a human being the permission to sin is another topic altogether and has nothing to do with rights.

If you voted your concience, then you have nothing to worry about. Even if you change your mind later.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top