Wear a Rosary Ring?

• Thread starter Thread starter Cherub
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cherub

Rosary rings are something I have seen online lately, but am not familiar with. Are they supposed to be worn like a normal ring? The ones I have seen have mostly looked impossible to wear, with large rosebud shaped metal protrusions and a metal crucifix that sticks out pretty far. Perhaps they are meant for keeping in the pocket instead of wearing, but I don’t know. Anyone experience these? Thanks.

Dearest Cherub

My mother gave me my first rosary ring when I was a little girl. She told me to keep it in my pocket. It is meant to be kept in your pocket and when you are out and about or at any time you wish to pray a decade or the whole rosary you slip it onto a finger and rotate it as you pray upon each bead. I carry mine with me in my purse, it is alway there then should I want to pray the rosary, but it is not meant to be worn as an item of jewellry. God Bless you and much love and peace to you xx

mine is on my keychain so I am never without a rosary-you never know when you are going to need it, I can pray a decade while standing in line at the grocery, waiting at the drive-thru, etc. I believe there were rings more like a conventional ring with bumps that could be worn on the finger, used by the Irish when the Catholic religion and all outward practice, including rosary was banned in Ireland.

Here is a photo of my rosary ring–the kind you can wear. It comes from a Catholic jeweler’s, who also sells statuary and books.

Here is a photo of my rosary ring–the kind one can easily wear. It comes from a Catholic jeweler’s, who also sells statuary and books. I wanted it so I can have my weapons in my hands should I die suddenly. I read that St. Therese of Lisieux said that she would die with her weapons in her hands–meaning the Rosary.

Alas, I can’t seem to get the attachment to work.

asquared, that is a good idea. I have been carrying mine around in my pocket since I got it a few days ago, but on a keychain I would always see it and have it ready.

csr: I am sorry the attachment picture didn’t work. can you post a link to it instead? It sounds very neat, more like what I was thinking of.

My Italian aunt gave me one a few years ago & it’s the kind you wear. They’re popular & easy to find in Italy, usually a fairly simple gold band with 10 raised beads around it & a cross on the front. I used to have one of the other kind & it is definitely something that you carry & don’t wear - there’s another name for it that I can’t remember. Try this website: they sell components for making rosaries but also a lot of other things: www.rosaryparts.com.

Dearest Stellina,

There is a kind you can wear but it not intended as an item of jewellry, as a crucifix is not, it is to be worn as you wear a medal or crucifix.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back