A
AnniesNotOkay
Guest
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I have a question on this too. I understand from reading the answers to this post that the skullcap was originally used to keep the head warm because that area was shaved.
My question is that in the Bible, in 1Corinthians it talks about how women should wear veils, but it also says: Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, (1Cor11:4) For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man. (1Cor11:7) (I hope I’m citing my Bible references correctly!
)
I recently have been studying these passages because of my own calling to wear a veil, but it got me wondering, is there any reason why the Pope and the cardinals wear the skullcaps other than tradition? I wonder what they think when they read these passages about the covering of their own heads.
Annie
My question is that in the Bible, in 1Corinthians it talks about how women should wear veils, but it also says: Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, (1Cor11:4) For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man. (1Cor11:7) (I hope I’m citing my Bible references correctly!
I recently have been studying these passages because of my own calling to wear a veil, but it got me wondering, is there any reason why the Pope and the cardinals wear the skullcaps other than tradition? I wonder what they think when they read these passages about the covering of their own heads.
Annie