Wearing the scapular on your wrist?

• Thread starter Thread starter _pro-life_teen
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

_pro-life_teen

I used to wear the scapular around my wrist instead of my neck because here and in Mexico it is very common to do that instead of around your neck. I figured it was the same thing.

So my question is; is it wrong or disrespectful to do so, even if you wear it with the right intentions?

Thanks!

This is the first time I have ever heard of wearing a scapular on one’s wrist! I am curious to see what posters will say about it, too. It is an interesting idea. I have very long hair and my scapular gets caught up in my hair all the time so being able to wear it on my wrist would solve that problem. I’ll have to check back here to see what folks say! Thanks for asking the question! and God bless you! 🙂

I don’t believe that it is inherently disrespectful if you wear it in a way that it won’t get banged around and knocked against things. Scapulars, I understand, originated as the part of the religious habit word over the shoulders. As the wearing of scapulars was desired by people outside of religious orders, they were modified to their present form and continuing to wear them over the shoulders is the norm. I have never specifically heard of anything against wearing them in another way; only that they need to be treated respectfully and not as some ornament.

If someone did wear a scapular on the wrist how does one do so? Just wrap it around until it is snug enough? :hmmm:

40.png
NightRider:
If someone did wear a scapular on the wrist how does one do so? Just wrap it around until it is snug enough? :hmmm:
Yeah, that’s what I would do. Wrap it around the way you would a rubber band.

Thanks for the advice!

sounds somewhat like the phylacteries worn by pious Jews with the idea of binding oneself to service and praise of God and obedience to His laws. I cannot wear anything around my neck, chain, jewelry, scapular because it becomes a safety hazard. A scapular medal worn on a bracelet would also be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back