Web site: Mother of all Peoples

• Thread starter Thread starter yochumjy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked it out and at first glace it appears like a respectable Marian site. It also promotes the apparitions of the Lady of All Nations that took place in Amsterdam. This apparition has past the first hurdle of approval, which is by the diocesan bishop. But this does not mean it will be approved by the Holy See. While the Holy See NEVER reversed a local bishop’s condemnation of an apparition, it has certainly reversed a few local bishop’s approval. So I would advise caution. One of the unfortunate things I noticed; some of the links of the Lady of All Nations are also gateways to unapproved and controversial apparition sites. So beware! La Salette, Garabandal and Medjugorje have NOT been approved by the Church, not even by the respective local ecclesiastical authorities!

On the site in a scrolling box are many prayers containing phrases such as:

“May Our Lady of All Nations, who once was Mary …”

Once was?

Hm… :confused:

tru_dvotion said:
**I checked it out and at first glace it appears like a respectable Marian site. It also promotes the apparitions of the Lady of All Nations that took place in **Amsterdam. This apparition has past the first hurdle of approval, which is by the diocesan bishop. But this does not mean it will be approved by the Holy See. While the Holy See NEVER reversed a local bishop’s condemnation of an apparition, it has certainly reversed a few local bishop’s approval. So I would advise caution. One of the unfortunate things I noticed; some of the links of the Lady of All Nations are also gateways to unapproved and controversial apparition sites. So beware! La Salette, Garabandal and Medjugorje have NOT been approved by the Church, not even by the respective local ecclesiastical authorities!

Thanks, tru_dvotion, I hadn’t made it to the links in the links… I agree we should always be careful, but judging the first source by links of the second source is not always accurate. I appreciate the warnings, though.

Thanks,

John

40.png
Cherub:

Once was?

Hm… :confused:
I did not look at the prayers. Something like this should be scrutinized… definitely!

40.png
Cherub:

Once was?
Yes, it confused me also, but they do reference it. I’m not saying I fully understand it myself, but take a look at:

who Once was Mary description

look for the topic heading:
2. The Prayer of the Lady of All Nations: “Who Once Was Mary”

I’m not defending this site, yet, or anything, but I am hopeful. It is always nice to see a good Marion site…

John

40.png
tru_dvotion:
Yes that makes sense.
Let me reiterate…I understand their explanation, but why would the Blessed Mother make it so (hmmmm, how can I say this…) complex. I know she knows that that the wording will be confusing. Is it just to get us to explore our faith more, look for deeper meaning in general? Is it so loaded with underlying meaning she wants us to really look into it? It just seemed like an odd wording.

John

40.png
yochumjy:
Let me reiterate…I understand their explanation, but why would the Blessed Mother make it so (hmmmm, how can I say this…) complex. I know she knows that that the wording will be confusing. Is it just to get us to explore our faith more, look for deeper meaning in general? Is it so loaded with underlying meaning she wants us to really look into it? It just seemed like an odd wording.

John
Well John, when you can explain the Mediatrix of all Graces without complexities… and a few such others;) I guess you have made a point. 🙂

40.png
yochumjy:
Thanks, tru_dvotion, I hadn’t made it to the links in the links… I agree we should always be careful, but judging the first source by links of the second source is not always accurate. I appreciate the warnings, though.

Thanks,

John
Yes of course, they cannot be responsible for copycats. Also, if this is genuine, we can expect everybody’s mother (no pun intended) to jump on the bandwagon. If it is suspect, hey, all the questionable “seers” seem to support one another. Do not misunderstand me, I DO wish this was genuine… far too many fake ones are around. Maybe that is the point of the fake ones, to bring distrust to the real stuff. It is a nice site, but that alone is no indication one way or another. Certainly, the diocesan approval makes it OK to promote it. I still advise caution, for instance, if they started promoting one of the unapproved apparitions… I would not think of it as a good sign. There was a bit about St Louise de Monfort and the True Devotion though… Now that IS a good sign.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back