Websites for Daily Mass Readings Reflections

• Thread starter Thread starter John64751
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John64751

Does anyone have any recommendations of online resources for reflections and meditations based on the daily mass readings?
Thanks!

Thanks for asking! Sorry, I don’t. However, there is this really GREAT site for prayerful meditation that is put up and managed by the Jesuits.

jesuit.ie/prayer/

D a i l y P r a y e r O n l i n e
Produced by the Irish Jesuits

**S A C R E D S P A C E **

We invite you to make a ‘Sacred Space’ in your day,and spend ten minutes, praying here and now, as you sit at your computer, with the help of on-screen guidance and scripture chosen specially every day.​

Prayer for Today: English

English - Español - Gaeilge - Italiano - Japanese - Lithuanian - Português -
Korean - Latvian - Polish - Català - Français - Romanian - Czech -
Maltese - Deutsch - Chinese - Slovenian

Click here to enlarge picture, click here to return.
Click here to see Sacred Space in your PDA

Click here, if you would like a brief outline of Sacred Space.
jesuit.ie/prayer/index.htm#outline

IMHO, this is the best part of the site because it’s deep and wide and leads you through each day’s prayer in these 6 stages:

*The following pages will guide you through a session of prayer, in six stages, including preparing your body and mind, and culminating in reflection on a scripture passage chosen specially for the day. The stages are:

• The Presence of God
• Freedom
• Consciousness
• The Word
• Conversation
• Conclusion*

A Day of Retreat
jesuit.ie/prayer/index_retreat.htm

Welcome to our first Sacred Space Retreat Online. The retreat is broken up so that you can take time out for reflection and also for coffee and lunch. Feel free to take a walk to ponder some of the material and then return to where you left the retreat. The most important thing is that the time you spend today is fruitful and enjoyable. May the Holy Spirit guide you.

/ Prayer for Peace on Earth
jesuit.ie/prayer/pp_day1.htm
(this is a 9-day series, like a novena)

Pray with the Pope
jesuit.ie/prayer/pope200409.htm
We invite you to join the Pope and Christians throughout the world in his prayer intentions for this month:

(here’s what shows on this page today for the month of September)

That old people be valued for their contribution
to the spiritual and human growth of society.

and

That those concerned for the growth of ecclesial communities
in Africa may work together in peace and harmony.

(at that site, there’s also a page for Apostleship of Prayer)

Apostleship of Prayer
jesuit.ie/prayer/Apostlep200409.htm

In the Apostleship of Prayer millions of people around the world unite together each day in an approach to prayer that is both simple and profound. It is centred on the Daily Offering. By making this Offering slowly each morning you turn your attention to God in prayer for a short time, in that way making him the centre of the day ahead.

(when you click on Daily Offering, you get this page:

jesuit.ie/prayer/Apostlep200409.htm#Daily

Daily Offering

O Jesus,
through the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
I offer you the prayers, works, joys and sufferings
of this day for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart,
in union with the holy sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world.

I pray with Mary and the whole Church
For the Pope’s intentions this month.

(when you click on “Pope’s intentions” it opens the page that is for that, which I’ve already described above in this post)

Hope this helps?

You can subscribe to a daily email of the day’s readings with commentary from the Navarre Bible here . I receive this and find it very helpful.

Betsy

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I subscribe to the hardcopy of Living Faith and just ordered an issue of share the word but I was looking for an online version for my computer.

I really like sacred space, I just hope they went by the daily Mass readings.

Thanks again,

With Good News Ministries you can subscribe to their reflections on the daily readings and they will send it to you in an e-mail everyday (mon - fri). I have been doing this for a couple of years now and it works out great.

gnm.org/index.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back