Weeping Statues

• Thread starter Thread starter Mt19_26
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mt19_26

My wife and I recently visited my wife’s aunt whom has many statues in her house that are ‘weeping’ oil. She has said that her friends have brought their statues to her house and upon bringing them home they also started ‘weeping’ oil. She said her parish priest examined the statues and agreed oil was coming out of them. The oil has a rosy scent to it. I am naturally skeptical however in this case I am believing that they are really ‘weeping’ oil. Has anyone else heard of or seen something like this?

You need to keep your skeptisism, unfortunately. They are being manufactured to do this around Asia. Not that supernatural things never happen. Just beware.
And the devils can produce seemingly miraculous occurences too. So be skeptical.

Thanks for the advice. My wife and son immediately believed they were genuine. I tried to hide my skepticism when I was first shown the statues as to not upset them and also because I was unsure. However since we saw them, I’ve went back and forth as to believing whether or not they are genuine. As you say, I think it’s best be skeptical.

Mt19:26:
Thanks for the advice. My wife and son immediately believed they were genuine. I tried to hide my skepticism when I was first shown the statues as to not upset them and also because I was unsure. However since we saw them, I’ve went back and forth as to believing whether or not they are genuine. As you say, I think it’s best be skeptical.
The Church needs to investigate it,there ARE authenic instances of this,there does need to be an investigation.

Such things are investigated first, but most of these things are proven to be frauds. So it’s still best to remain skeptical. You can ask the people if they won’t object to an investigation, to determine if it’s true. There are times as well that the people aren’t committing fraud, but it turns out upon investigation that it’s a naturally occuring phenomena (which often disappoints people).

Mt19:26:
My wife and I recently visited my wife’s aunt whom has many statues in her house that are ‘weeping’ oil. She has said that her friends have brought their statues to her house and upon bringing them home they also started ‘weeping’ oil. She said her parish priest examined the statues and agreed oil was coming out of them. The oil has a rosy scent to it. I am naturally skeptical however in this case I am believing that they are really ‘weeping’ oil. Has anyone else heard of or seen something like this?
Last saturday morning blood started to drip from Jesus`s Statue in Holy family church, Mela Ramanputhoor, Kottor Diocese, Tamil Nadu, India. Last year also blood dripped from the same Jesus Statue.http://nellai.dinakaran.co.in/daily/2005/Apr/10/topstory/C117_yesu-k.jpg

several places on the internet offer weeping statues and bleeding crosses for sale, they are manufactured and mass-produced with this property so are probably all over the place. I would not be surprised to see a site advertising mass-produced tortillas imprinted with the images of Jesus and Mary. The proper disposition in regarding any such supposed phenomenon is to thank God for the graces He as already given us, in that Jesus Christ is truly present on all the altars of all the Catholic Churches in the world. A faith that requires more material evidence of this reality cannot be a very strong faith to begin with. If God does allow such manifestations, it could only be for the purpose of reminding the faithful of this reality, and urging their return and recourse to Jesus present in the Blessed Sacrament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back