What are Mary's dolors?

• Thread starter Thread starter Elizabeth_Ann
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elizabeth_Ann

I read this on a Holy Card - What are Mary’s dolors?

**The sufferings that Mary experienced are all connected to her love of Jesus. Traditionally there are seven events throughout Mary’s life of great suffering. Three of these times are connected with the beginning of Jesus’ life, they were when Simeon warned her of the suffering to come, when the Holy Family was forced to flee to Egypt, when Mary lost Jesus in the temple. The other four Sorrows are connected with the end of Jesus’ life, these happened when Jesus met her as He was going to Calvary, when Jesus died on the cross, when his body was placed in her arms, and when his body was entombed.

Hope that helps.

The word dolours is another word for sorrows. There is a Rosary of the seven sorrows of the Blessed Virgin. It consists of seven divisions of seven bead on which the Hail Mary is said. Each division is seaparated by one bead on which the Lord’s Prayer is said. The rosary ends with three Hail Marys. The seven sorrows are 1. The prophecy of Simeon 2. The flight into Egypt 3. The loss of the child Jesus 4. Mary meets Jesus as He carries His cross 5. The crucifixion 6. Mary receives the body of Jesus from the cross 7. The body of Jesus is placed in the tomb:angel1:

Elizabeth Ann:
I read this on a Holy Card - What are Mary’s dolors?
Elizabeth Ann, her dolors are her sorrows. I try to say the 7 prayers in honor of the 7 Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary daily, but I am not always able to do it. There are 7 prayers and on each sorrow is said one Our Father and 7 Hail Mary’s.

The 7 Sorrows are 1st- The Prophecy of Simon, 2nd- The Flight Into Egypt, 3rd- The Loss Of The Child Jesus In The Temple, 4th- Mary Meets Jesus On The Way To Calvary, 5th- Jesus Dies On The Cross, 6th- Mary Receives The Dead Body Of Jesus In Her Arms, and 7th- Jesus Is Placed In The Tomb."

I have a booklet called “Devotion To The Sorrowful Mother” and it
explains all about the Devotion and includes the prayers.

Hope that helps, 🙂
Annie

Oops, didn’t see that other’s had already answered your question. I’m a slow typist. 🙂

Annie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back