L
lily20
Guest
My husband joined this and I am a bit skeptical. I have had grandparents in mason so I thought it was normal but I did not get a good feeling from it. Please let me know.
Is he a Catholic?. If so he MUST not join.My husband joined this and I am a bit skeptical. I have had grandparents in mason so I thought it was normal but I did not get a good feeling from it. Please let me know.
The answers are no and no. He’s not catholic.Is he a Catholic?. If so he MUST not join.
Does he care about his immortal soul? If so he MUST not join.
Is he a Christian? Does he profess any religion? The point is that Freemasonry is really a religion of its own, it’s not just a men’s club. It has its own system of beliefs which are not compatible with any other religious system.The answers are no and no. He’s not catholic.
That is disturbing that he does not care about his own soul. Do you care about his salvation, as a Catholic spouse?The answers are no and no. He’s not catholic.
That is disturbing that he does not care about his own soul. Do you care about his salvation, as a Catholic spouse?
I am a former Freemason and I converted first to Lutheran Church Missouri Synod in 2001 and the The Catholic Church on Divine Mercy Sunday 2011.My husband joined this and I am a bit skeptical. I have had grandparents in mason so I thought it was normal but I did not get a good feeling from it. Please let me know.
Your post has been very informative and thank you for your witness. I can see why you’d want to go back to freemasonry, but the church can’t accept it. Even though they no longer engage in occult practice and worship and many members don’t even know about them, these elements are there in the fabric of the society. And when unholy things are present that which is holy must never be tarnished by it. So a society that in the past combined God’s holy name with Baal and Osiris can never be ok, even if a number of (naive) Christians are a part of it today. Please pray for the grace to be freed from this desire to be a freemason again. You are a new Catholic. It takes a while to really understand why the church demands certain things of us. You are obedient to its teachings and I admire you for that. This attitude will lead you to holiness.Now I am one of the most Traditional/Conservative/EWTN type Catholics you would ever want to meet without getting into heretics and schismatics like the SSPX crowd, but I wish the Church would change its mind on Freemasonry. Yes its past is shady, but no it isn’t sinister today and by far its members are Christians. By far a higher percentage of masons practice their faith than does the general population. I left a lot of God Christian friends behind, many of whom are dying off now because of their age (masonry is a dying club as are nearly all social clubs), but I won’t violate Church authority to go back. I just wish they would change their minds so I could.
Oh, believe me I would never go back to a York Rite meeting. When that was revealed as the password for the Royal Arch degree of York Rite I never went back again and was so freaked out I only pretended to say the word, but didn’t and I never completed the degrees of the York Rite, but neither the degrees of the York Rite or the Scottish Rite or the Shrine for that matter are a part of Freemasonry. These are clubs that were invented for members of Masonry to join. It would be like saying all K of C members are Catholic, but not all Catholics are K of C. The K of C is a club for Catholic men just as the York and Scottish Rites are clubs for Masons, but just as the K of C has no (name removed by moderator)ut on the decisions of the Vatican neither does the York or Scottish Rites have any authority over the Masonic Lodges. As far as things that happened in the past we could say the same thing about the Church. There were men who abused their positions in the Church and used it for their own gain, purposes, and agendas whether it be the crusades, political power, or the mass assumption of wealth as in pre-revolutionary France. Many people wonder why the people in France turned on religion in general and the Church in particular. It is no big mystery really at all. The Church had amassed huge tracts of land which was not taxed and helped keep a despot in power just as the Orthodox did with the Tsars in Russia. The when people started starving and being crushed by a despotic state, just as happened in Russia the Church supported the despot, well what do you expect to happen? Masons are sworn to “Not counsel disloyalty or rebellion”, and also not to admit atheists, but in France they did because that was the mood at the time. It was an abuse and was also the reason the French Grand Lodge was not recognized as a legitimate body until recent memory. The Church doesn’t have a past of perfection either, but do you throw the baby out with the bath water? Freemasonry was never intended to be a Deistic organization, a revolutionary organization, or an occult organization, but people used it for that at the times they did because that was what was reflective of what was going on in society as a whole. We have seen the same thing in the Church more or less. When politics were corrupt the a lot of the Church was heavily involved in politics. When sexual morals went out the window for a time in the 1500’s so did the morals of many religious in the Church. When society went through the sexual revolution of the 1960-1970’s and we saw homosexuality come out of the woodwork we had a homosexual sex scandal. I don’t see the validity of your argument in that regard.Your post has been very informative and thank you for your witness. I can see why you’d want to go back to freemasonry, but the church can’t accept it. Even though they no longer engage in occult practice and worship and many members don’t even know about them, these elements are there in the fabric of the society. And when unholy things are present that which is holy must never be tarnished by it. So a society that in the past combined God’s holy name with Baal and Osiris can never be ok, even if a number of (naive) Christians are a part of it today. Please pray for the grace to be freed from this desire to be a freemason again. You are a new Catholic. It takes a while to really understand why the church demands certain things of us. You are obedient to its teachings and I admire you for that. This attitude will lead you to holiness.
That reminds me I better get to confession tomorrow and get to work on those indulgences.The only point worth making is that the church is the bride of Christ. It is through the church that God reaches us. It is both human and divine, and the human part unfortunately includes sin. Freemasonry is just a human organisation, nothing more than that. What I find problematic is comparing the two and justifying freemasonry through sinful actions of some Christians. However, your heart is obviously in the right place and you sound like a great asset to the church. God bless.The Church doesn’t have a past of perfection either, but do you throw the baby out with the bath water? Freemasonry was never intended to be a Deistic organization, a revolutionary organization, or an occult organization, but people used it for that at the times they did because that was what was reflective of what was going on in society as a whole. (…)We have seen the same thing in the Church more or less. (…) I don’t see the validity of your argument in that regard.
Thank you and you know those are very good points. I never thought about it that way. Keep up keeping us on the right path Brother, or is it Sister? Either way thank you.The only point worth making is that the church is the bride of Christ. It is through the church that God reaches us. It is both human and divine, and the human part unfortunately includes sin. Freemasonry is just a human organisation, nothing more than that. What I find problematic is comparing the two and justifying freemasonry through sinful actions of some Christians. However, your heart is obviously in the right place and you sound like a great asset to the church. God bless.
Really where do Masons say they are a religion… because I have only heard that OTHER people call them a religion. Its like taking what a Baptist says Catholics believe as authoritative. I do not think it is honest to define and interpret what some group say they are,Is he a Christian? Does he profess any religion? The point is that Freemasonry is really a religion of its own, it’s not just a men’s club. It has its own system of beliefs which are not compatible with any other religious system.
You answered the question “Does he care about his immortal soul?” with the answer “No”. Does that mean he is an atheist? If so, he might not realize that he is actually getting involved with a sort of religious cult. If he understood that he might not want to join.