What are you Thankful for?

• Thread starter Thread starter T.A.Stobie_SFO
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T.A.Stobie_SFO

As tomorrow in the US is Thanksgiving, what are you thankful for?

Think about it. :hmmm:

Share if you like.

T.A.Stobie:
As tomorrow in the US is Thanksgiving, what are you thankful for?

Think about it. :hmmm:

Share if you like.
Im thankful for so much that God has done for me that I probably could be here all day writing, of course knowing that all good things come from God…The #2 thing I am thankful for is my mom and dad,for giving me the gift of life.#1 Jesus Christ, for giving me a place to go after this life. Sorry I had it backwoods.Thank you Jesus, Thank you mom and dad. I love you. 😉

Strange as it sounds…

I am thankful for a chronic illness I have been dealing with for the last four years because it has brought me closer to Jesus, helped me understand His Passion much better, and continues to lead me more and more into the fullness of faith found only in the Catholic Church.

I would rather continue my time on earth with this affliction and stay close to Jesus, than to be healed physically and go back to my old ways and drift from God.

I am thankful I found God and His Holy Mother Church. All the rest is gravy.

40.png
Didi:
Strange as it sounds…

I am thankful for a chronic illness I have been dealing with for the last four years because it has brought me closer to Jesus, helped me understand His Passion much better, and continues to lead me more and more into the fullness of faith found only in the Catholic Church.

I would rather continue my time on earth with this affliction and stay close to Jesus, than to be healed physically and go back to my old ways and drift from God.
As strangly as it sound you will probably retain your sickness .Now that you have been healed spiritually you might want to consider recieving a physical healing. Jesus is the devine healer.Sometimes it takes illness to get our attention but I do not believe Jesus wants us to be sick,for by HIS STRIPES YOU MAY BE HEALED. He bore our sickness and diseases. Jesus does not inflict us with sickness and diseases…Something to think about? Ask in faith and you shall recieve. :confused: P/s ,Please understand I am not trying to take anything away from you, Im only trying to help you. .If you feel offended in what a said please forgive me. God Bless you.

I am thankful for all my friends and family. The basics, but specificaly thankful for having the chance to meet one of my closest friends last year. She was an excahnge student from Germany. She was one gigantic blessing. Oh, and the phone, which allows us to call each other once a month.

I am thankful that I have ceased to be a “traditionalist”. Being a “traditionalist” meant a slippery slope toward jansenism, heresy, being my own teaching magisterium, and worst of all it meant avoiding the sacraments believing that the new rites were somehow bad. Traditionalism is particularly a late twentieth century heresy, and I am free of it. Thanks be to God!

Greetings and Happy THANKSGIVING!

I am thankful that God has given me the time to celebrate my 50th Anniversary this next February with my hubby, Al.

I thank Him and Praise him that my lung cancer was caught early enough for this desire of my heart.

I beg His forgiveness for complaining about the after affects of surgery and radiation therapy.

Thank you for my family and thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

I just Praise God and Praise His Holy Name.

Happy Thanksgiving! May God bless you all. :love:

I am thankful for my life though I am sometimes envious of others. I am thankful for my family and the people of my life though at times I fail to appreciate them. I am thankful for the Church, its holiness and it’s call to holiness, though sometimes I expect God’s saints to be saintly 24/7. I am thankful most of all for our Savior, though how He can love me so unconditionally remains a mystery.

Joanna

I am thankful because “The Almighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name.” (Luke 1:49) That pretty much sums up my whole life.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! (And congrats on 50 years, Bertie!)

40.png
SPOKENWORD:
As strangly as it sound you will probably retain your sickness .Now that you have been healed spiritually you might want to consider recieving a physical healing. Jesus is the devine healer.Sometimes it takes illness to get our attention but I do not believe Jesus wants us to be sick,for by HIS STRIPES YOU MAY BE HEALED. He bore our sickness and diseases. Jesus does not inflict us with sickness and diseases…Something to think about? Ask in faith and you shall recieve. :confused: P/s ,Please understand I am not trying to take anything away from you, Im only trying to help you. .If you feel offended in what a said please forgive me. God Bless you.
Spokenword,
You’re Word of Faith aren’t you? It sure sounds like it…
Just curious.
Have a really great Thanksgining.
I am grateful for too many things to name here. I am thankful to BE here right now.

Greetings

Spokenword touched my heart and I am believing what he said as well.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Church Militant:
Spokenword,
You’re Word of Faith aren’t you? It sure sounds like it…
Just curious.
Have a really great Thanksgining.
I am grateful for too many things to name here. I am thankful to BE here right now.
Hi Michael, No im not. I think the Word of Faith Movement has alot of problems .Some of their teachings do not line up with the word of God. I am a nondenomination,noninstitutional christian [NNC] 😃 God Bless

:angel1: I am thankful for our Lord and God that sent His son here to redeem us.

I am thankful for my wonderful family.

I am thankful for my country that allows me to have whatever faith I choose, and for the military that protects us.

I am thankful for being Catholic and for being able to share with all of you on this forum.

I am thankful for all the people that work the holiday so the rest of us can enjoy our time together as a family.
Happy Thanksgiving! fanstop.net is coming soon

I am thankful to God for more things than I could thank Him for if I spent a week thanking, instead of just this one day. I try to thank Him daily. Some of the things I am thankful for:
  • The Church
  • My family, friends, and pets
  • My health
  • Having my needs met (and often exceeded)
  • My “revert” experience back to the Catholic faith
  • Jesus, the Holy Spirit, Mary, Joseph, and all the Holy Saints who pray for me
  • Today’s Thanksgiving feast, and…
  • all the blessings of the Lord that I have not mentioned by name.
To God be the Glory. Thanks be to God.

40.png
SPOKENWORD:
Hi Michael, No im not. I think the Word of Faith Movement has alot of problems .Some of their teachings do not line up with the word of God. I am a nondenomination,noninstitutional christian [NNC] 😃 God Bless
Oh…OKay. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back