What are your thoughts about this

  • Thread starter Thread starter distracted
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the demons are infest our hearts. We carry them from church to other places and back again, seven-fold in some cases.

I’m not sure what demons actually are, physically, but I like to think of them like nasty little programs that run like software on the computer of your brain. That is, bad thoughts that like to give birth to other bad thoughts, and spread from one person to another. Like memes.

There may be a better metaphysical description of demons, but I’m an engineer not a metaphysicist, so I look at it in terms of how they seem to effect me based on whatever observation and analysis I’ve done.

Alan
to me they are the forces in the world that try to get you away from Jesus… and the road to Heaven… & they are everywhere & we humans are not as… intelligent as most of them… they are cunning … and they have been around a whole lot longer than any human being…
 
Christ said that the gate of hell would never prevail against the Church, not that it wouldn’t be able to try (from my own interpretation).

My mum’s priest friend once told her that in Mass, whenever you get a disturbance- for example, lots of people losing concentration, or whispering- it’s the devil trying to distract us. I’m not sure if that’s just an opinion he made up or not.
Jesus said that the weeds would be allowed to grwo with the good seed and that thye woudn’t be pulled up unti l the end…

but i’ve seen so many weeds… and all the damage they do… and i wonder… If i didn’t know so much of Chruch history and if i had never spent time in th Real Presence i would have left the Church… I can see why ignroant people leave…

i have seen priests go against the Word big time…

its like they are not even Christian, much less Catholic…

i could go on and on but suffice it to say i’ve seen a LOT of evil in the Church… which of course, appears to be FAR WORSE evil when one considers that … .well… you know… i mean, its supposed to be a… Church!!!

:eek:

i know Satan attacks Catholics mor than anyone. God knows he attacked me far more whne i started making my way back to the Church… worst time of my life… :mad:

but i didn’t … uh… cave in and become more wicked than ever b4… (i don’t think anyhow… :o)…

don’t get all ths lack of charity… and downright hate i see everywhere in Catholic circles…

weird…
 
People go to the “hospital for sinners” with various spiritual diseases, hopefully to find some relief and/or cure.

“Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do. I did not come to call the righteous but sinners.”

It doesn’t bother me at all that there is evil in church. It would be like being offended to see grease on a mechanic’s hands while he’s working.

Alan
 
hmm… well, i would HOPE it would bother Christians when the devil is… in the Church in a big way…

that’s waht’s wrong w/ the world… too much acceptance of evil… accepting the unacceptable…
 
hmm… well, i would HOPE it would bother Christians when the devil is… in the Church in a big way…

that’s waht’s wrong w/ the world… too much acceptance of evil… accepting the unacceptable…
It isn’t that I accept evil. I have a zero tolerance for any evil I discover in my own heart, and will work and pray diligently to dissolve it.

When I go to church, though, what we have is a big room full of sinners. I’m not sure there’s anything I, you, the president or the pope can do about the fact that there is evil intent in the hearts of those sinners. Therein is where I believe the evil is; I do not believe that the church buildings themselves are “haunted” or anything like that.

As I understand it, the Mass (I forgot which part) constitutes an exorcism of sorts, so if that’s the case then we’re probably OK.

Alan
 
It isn’t that I accept evil. I have a zero tolerance for any evil I discover in my own heart, and will work and pray diligently to dissolve it.

When I go to church, though, what we have is a big room full of sinners. I’m not sure there’s anything I, you, the president or the pope can do about the fact that there is evil intent in the hearts of those sinners. Therein is where I believe the evil is; I do not believe that the church buildings themselves are “haunted” or anything like that.

As I understand it, the Mass (I forgot which part) constitutes an exorcism of sorts, so if that’s the case then we’re probably OK.

Alan
yes, confession is supposed to also be exorcism… I think Padre pio said that it was better than an exorcism…

i do tend to think the Church buildings are … well, i dont know about haunted… but i have sensed evil there… as well as other places… The good thing about the evil i sense there is that Jesus is there also… so i don’t think about it as much a i normally would… much less worry about it… which i often do when not in the Church (real presence)…

wherever there are people, there is going to be the devil… that’s just reality…
 
No Catholic churches are
true… as long as the Church is “empty”…

but the demons in people’s lives… follow them wherever they go… and so the Church has demons in it when there are people in it…

They are subdued while the Mass is going on… some are even exorcized… .hopefully a LOT… but they probably just go outside & wait for their owners to return… follow them home…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top