What can I do in this case

• Thread starter Thread starter Teotora
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Teotora

I have some sort of religious OCD, different blasphemous thoughts come to my mind several times a day. To avoid this kind of thoughts, I started talking to God, in different situations, sometimes using slang or letting express myself freely. Recently, I have noticed that I am not acting the way I should with Jesus. I feel like I’m being disrespectful towards Him.

Even though I try not to let myself go too far, I feel like He has left me. I have a lot of depressing thoughts about hell, punishment, suicide etc.

I just can’t understand if it’s some new sort of intrusive thoughts or a real problem in my spiritual life.

Please see a doctor. OCD is a treatable condition.

It’s nothing to be ashamed of, but why suffer needlessly? ❤️🙂

I heard some amazing advice once. I too suffer from similar attacks. It is more common than you think. What I learnt was that these attacks should be viewed as birds flying above your head. You see them, then they’re gone. Don’t entertain them. Don’t continue the thought (temptation) when it is presented to you. Instead, let it go.

Not sure if that helps you/anyone but it sure did help me. Pax Christi!

OCD often manifests itself as scrupulosity. Please talk to a doctor as soon as you can about this, and about your depression.

I’m sorry you’re struggling right now. Help is out there, please let people help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back