J
John_Russell_Jr
Guest
Hi all, Please see the link below for a letter I wrote to 2 close friends who are living in adultery. Can you tell me if you know any child of a divorced couple who has not suffered greatly from it and borne scars for a long time if not their whole life? Can you offer me advice on how to help the children I know and love who have had their parents divorce and cause them the greatest grief and suffering? Last week I listened to the whole new testament over 2 days * about 22 hrs listening ) on the king james version. It’s a very good translation I thought too. I have just found a catholic bible with Ot and NT on audio book - The New American Bible. i hope it’s good. I’ve only listened a little as yet. i’m on a bible study program solo. One thing that really struck me was how often divorce and adultery was mentioned. Jesus and the apostles talk about it, explain what it is and tell us repeatedly we will be condemned if we do it ( annulments, remarrying when partner dies and other church rules excepted ). Why don’t people takr God seriously? We get away with murder most of our lives. our parents and others are always letting us off lightly, not punishing us and we get away with a lot. But God sees everything incl. what’s in our hearts and minds. We must take God very, very seriously. He’s not joking when he says or asks something. We can lose our souls if we are deaf to his word. Adultery was such a serious sin it was punishable by death under the old law. Our Lady of Fatima said most souls in hell are there for sins against chastity.
What do you guys think of all this and please read the article on the link below and offer advice on ow to help the kids who have been wounded and scandalised by this.
Click on the article on my blog called - What did Jesus teach about divorce and adultery ? Go to blogger.com/profile/06016276810991542260
I hope you have good ideas . God bless.
What do you guys think of all this and please read the article on the link below and offer advice on ow to help the kids who have been wounded and scandalised by this.
Click on the article on my blog called - What did Jesus teach about divorce and adultery ? Go to blogger.com/profile/06016276810991542260
I hope you have good ideas . God bless.