What do I do in Advent?

• Thread starter Thread starter Paris_Blues
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paris_Blues

You know, it’s amazing how I started practicing being a Catholic last November 2004 and I’m getting confirmed real soon! Like trying to understand Advent, Lent (boy, that was a biggie!), not eating meats on every Friday, etc. as if in that year time, that gave me a whole year to know what it’s like being a Catholic!

Now, I have another stupid question. What I am suppose to do during Advent? I thought I knew last year but now I don’t!

**Basically, convert yourself (or be reborn) and focuss on the mystery of the nativity. Pray, confess your sins, and recieve the Eucharist as often as possible (make sure you’re in accordance with Church Law). I would also devote myself to the holy baby Jesus and holy family. Also, you need to try to be nicer and more charitable towards people and also be generous. Also, practice Christian happiness and spend quality time with your family and friends. Learn more about the faith and teach others about what you’ve learned too. 🙂 **

:blessyou:

In Advent we look both forward and backward. Backward to the first coming of Christ at the Nativity, and forward to the second coming of Christ at the end of time. So its a remembrance and celebration of what happened and also time to prepare for what is to come.

I LOVE Advent! The Advent Wreath is one of the best BEST traditions! Nicole, you get to have your FIRST ADVENT WREATH!!!:dancing:

meditate on the daily lectionary readings, and contemplate Christ’s second coming, being prepared for judgement and the end of the world, which can come at any time, and how you wish to maintain your soul to be ready to meet God whenever he pleases to call you. Do not celebrate Christmas before it occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back