What do you do with old Magnificats?

• Thread starter Thread starter MooCowSteph
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MooCowSteph

I just started getting them, so now I’m faced with what to do with them when the month is over. It doesn’t seem right to throw away scripture.

40.png
MooCowSteph:
I just started getting them, so now I’m faced with what to do with them when the month is over. It doesn’t seem right to throw away scripture.
Perhaps you could burn them. I started buying them in January, and God knows the last thing I need is more clutter. (Not that the Word of God is clutter, but you know what I mean.) I already have two Catholic Bibles, so there is plenty of Scripture in the house.

We save them because the cover art is so cool! Maybe someday we’ll have a “family project day” and make a collage or something.

You might consider donating them to your parish, especially if you have an adoration chapel. Many of the prayers and reflections will still be relevant and helpful, even though the “dates” are old.

I bring mine to Church and leave them in a pew.

Finding an old copy in a pew was how I was first exposed to Magnificat four or five years ago, so I try to do the same. Mine even came with the plastic cover.

Now I don’t know if people are picking them up or not, or if the ushers are treating them like old bulletins after the last Mass.

But I sure don’t want to just throw them away. If nothing else, the artwork and photography is wonderful.

I’m open to other suggestions.

Dear friends

I keep prayer cards in a flip photograph album that I may wish to return to in the future for further prayer, reflection and mediation, the duplicates i may have I give them to people and leave them also at the back of Church for folks to pick up for free.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Right now I pile them up on a shelf until my husband gets sick of it and recycles them. :o I don’t like the idea of throwing them out, either.

I’m liking the idea of leaving them in church, though.

certainly a prison or jail in your area can use them.

you can donate them “Matthew 25” prison ministry.

I find the hymn texts to be much more inspiring than some of the ones we use in church, so I give them to the music director to harvest new texts for next year. So far, I haven’t noticed any of them on the music schedule, but I can always hope… In any case, they’re sitting around his house or office, not mine.

Betsy

I cut out the art for a file I have on sacred art, I often use them in classes, cut out some of the special litanies and antiphons they have and save them in a prayer file, cut off the back cover with the Canticles to tuck in prayerbooks so I always have them handy, one in each volume of LOTH etc., cut out some of the quotes from saints and sacred writers that struck me, paste them to note cards to use as bookmarks, save the rest for class projects where kids can choose a bible verse, cut it out, make a bookmark or other project with it. anything with Chant notation I save in a file for that, so I can go back and find a melody or antiphon.

These are all such wonderful ideas! I do clip out the blessing for the table as soon as it arrives in the mail. I keep the most recent ones until the placemat in the center of the table and choose one each evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back