S
StJudePray4Me
Guest
Hello all. I am curious about others’ opinions on this:
My children attend Catholic school. In order to get a tuition discount, the parents can work at the parish BINGO nights, it comes out to about 8 or 9 times annually. I regularly work at BINGO. We save a lot of money that way!
Anyway, there is another mom at school who I sometimes talk to. She is insistent that BINGO is sinful, and she refuses to work at it. I told her that gambling is not a sin. I feel that gambling away money that you can not afford to and neglecting your family obligations in that way is certainly a sin. I would guess that most of our BINGO players are playing for fun and can afford it. as for the rest, it is not my business to wonder if everyone there is sinning or not.
She does not want to hear this, though. Which would be fine, except she complains that she doesn’t get the tuition discount, and criticizes the principal and pastor, saying that she is being penalized for being a “contentious objector.” It makes me nuts!! What would you say?
My children attend Catholic school. In order to get a tuition discount, the parents can work at the parish BINGO nights, it comes out to about 8 or 9 times annually. I regularly work at BINGO. We save a lot of money that way!
Anyway, there is another mom at school who I sometimes talk to. She is insistent that BINGO is sinful, and she refuses to work at it. I told her that gambling is not a sin. I feel that gambling away money that you can not afford to and neglecting your family obligations in that way is certainly a sin. I would guess that most of our BINGO players are playing for fun and can afford it. as for the rest, it is not my business to wonder if everyone there is sinning or not.
She does not want to hear this, though. Which would be fine, except she complains that she doesn’t get the tuition discount, and criticizes the principal and pastor, saying that she is being penalized for being a “contentious objector.” It makes me nuts!! What would you say?