What do you think church will do?

• Thread starter Thread starter nas_matko
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nas_matko

edition.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/us/2006/09/30/wynter.female.catholic.priest.cnn

Isn’t this time for straight speaking? Why was bishop of San Diego vaguely saying, that this is not going to do any good, because many catholics will consider this as major disobedience?
I don’t think it is that important how will this matter be considered by lay people. Church is not a democracy in which people can change things by voting.

Important questions are:
How it will be considered by bishops and by pope e.g. by Magisterium?
Are these ordinations valid at all?

Why was bishop of San Diego vaguely saying, that this is not going to do any good, because many catholics will consider this as major disobedience?
Well, that’s what the news quoted him as saying. What all he might have said that ended up edited is unknown.

What were they waving at the end of the service? Streamers or something? And what was that they used for the communion? Someone needs to inform the parishoner that no, as a matter of fact we can’t change things from the bottom. (Thankfully).

No, the ordinations are not valid. Even if the Church were to say that women can be ordained, it wouldt happen. It’s like trying to consecrate milk and cookies at Mass- just doesnt happen 😉

I love her vocation story…

“I was so angry with these men…”👍

No, the ordinations are not valid. Even if the Church were to say that women can be ordained, it wouldt happen. It’s like trying to consecrate milk and cookies at Mass- just doesnt happen 😉
Based on what I saw in the video, looks like that’s what they were serving during communion…😃

I was hoping for a longer video. I made popcorn and the whole bit. 😦

Could you be more specific please, why are these ordinations not valid.

I know what is form and intention in this, but what is a proper mater for sacramental priesthood?

Burn her at the stake 😛

But well excommunication is really a last resort and the unfortunate part about it is that many still remain unrepentant. In all charity then, may the Lord have mercy on their souls.

Only a baptized male may validly receive Holy Orders.
OK, that’s pretty straightforward. Now why bishop didn’t say this and he was rather mentioning catholic, who will consider this as disobedience?

One more thing, what is that catholic within metodist community mentioned by narrator?

I’m unsure why the Bishop didn’t mention anything. It could be any number of reasons: business, editing, etc. He ought to say something since it is his diocese.

The Catholic within a Methodist community would refer to the specific church she’s in. She, being a Catholic, inside a Methodist church. That’s what I think it is anyway, it could be otherwise.

As for those who mentioned excommunication: those who imitate a Sacrament are excommunicated latae sententiae. If she is fully culpable for her actions then she is already excommunicated. If she isn’t fully culpable then a grave sin has still been committed.

At any rate, rather than shooting excommunications at her we ought to turn to prayer.

You could always write to the Bishop in the area, expressing your concern and asking him to publicly clarify this “Priestess’” status so as not to confuse the faithful which may be misled by her very public actions.

Otherwise pray for her and the poor souls led astray by her hubris and disobedience.

Try to keep humble and let the anger go.

No kidding, milk and cookies. She wasn’t even handing it out, just holding out the tray for people to take! And they were singing absolute drivel at the end, but that shouldn’t be a surprise…anyone who thinks women ordinations are valid probably considers Marty Haugen and David Haas as inspired, traditional Catholic music. :rolleyes:

Simply saying “excommunicate her” does nothing. Chris mentioned writing the Bishop to clarify it, that is doing something. The laity doesn’t have jurisdiction over who is or is not excommunicated, that is for the proper Church authorities to decide. I never said we couldn’t do anything but pray.

Wow.

I almost got sick watching that.

It looks like they trying to call bread crust the Body of our Lord Jesus. I don’t know what the Bishop could do - she already has shown she doesn’t think she has to listen to anyone in the church. And those poor parishioners are so misguided by this modernism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back