What do you think?

• Thread starter Thread starter Stylus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stylus

We used to say the family rosary every day- or rather my mom would request it. Then since she goes to bed early, it kind of stopped. I know that the daily rosary is a wonderful tradition but I have to admit that it was only a monotinous routine doing it every day. Now that it’s been a while since I’ve said the rosary it’s much more appealing.

Is it better not let your prayes become almost chores, or are we more rewarding for praying when the zeal is not there or we fight with distractions?

Prayer gains merit when every word is a mouth full of dust.
Pray for a love and desire of prayer. The Rosary is beautiful, try focusing more on the meditations, the lessons behind them, the love of Christ in each one which is shown in a different way.

Hope your family starts up that wonderful, sanctifying tradition again soon!

God Bless,
Mordocai

Aside from the Mass there is no prayer more powerful than the Rosary. Prayer said from the heart is much more powerful than one from the lips only. I believe one poorly prayed Hail Mary is better than one not prayed at all.

There is a quote from St. Thomas Aquinas and it goes somethine like this… “If, during prayer, you do nothing but bring your mind back from distraction, even if you must do so again and again, it was time well spent”
:gopray2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back