What does obedience mean?

• Thread starter Thread starter Charbrah
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Charbrah

I love God with every ounce of my being, and I want to be completely obedient to Him–at times, I have not been certain exactly what obedience means? What does obedience to God mean? I think obedience involves allowing ourselves to be clay in the potter’s (God’s) hands, as the reading from Jeremiah suggests. I am so pleased to think that God shapes me and forms me to His will.

Your obediance is wonderful. Sometimes it’s easy and sometimes it’s very difficult. We are told that Jesus was “obedient even unto death”, because of his love. You really hit the nail on the head when you said love. May I add another thought? I have realized my disobedience and I have also realized my sins of omission. I think I have more sins of omission than of commission. It’s about 12,938 commission vs 31,253 omission.

May I ask how he molds you? Day-to-day or one overwhelming experience? Little things or big things? At Church or at home? Focused on a single thing or many things? Hope you don’t mind my asking but you have an interesting story. (Thanks T. A. for the articles.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back