What I do after a big sin

• Thread starter Thread starter TheTruth0723
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheTruth0723

I get kinda disappointed in myself after a rather large sin…so you know what I do? Sit in my room, play my MP3 player, and listen to Christian Worship music. It makes me cry in joy and reminds me of how much God still loves me. Afterwards, I pray to God that I am truly sorry for the sin, and pray that he will forgive me, and that I will try my absolute hardest to avoid this sin and all sins. What do you do?

I make an Act of Contrition immediately. Then as soon as I can I go to confession for absolution. Then I do penance and resolve to sin no more. I do it that way because that’s the way God wants us to do it.🙂

^^^Me too, just not right away 😃 If it’s big enough, and I really hate my soul being weighed down with it, I’ll go to Confession the Saturday after I commit it. If not, I’ll remember to confess it next time I go.

TheTruth0723 said:
^^^Me too, just not right away 😃 If it’s big enough, and I really hate my soul being weighed down with it, I’ll go to Confession the Saturday after I commit it. If not, I’ll remember to confess it next time I go.

Good good! Just making sure. When I was your age I thought confession was worthless. I was soooooo wrong. Now I go every week, even if all I have are venial sins.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back