What is a short definition of providence, and is there such a thing as the providence of Mary (via her intercession)?

• Thread starter Thread starter teamjesusnumber31
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

teamjesusnumber31

I have brain damage so can you please make this Baltimore Catechism style? Thank you

Last edited:
I have brain damage so can you please make this Baltimore Catechism style? Thank you
Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church
55. What is divine providence?
302-306
Divine Providence consists in the dispositions with which God leads his creatures toward their ultimate end. God is the sovereign Master of his own plan. To carry it out, however, he also makes use of the cooperation of his creatures. For God grants his creatures the dignity of acting on their own and of being causes for each other.
https://www.vatican.va/archive/compendium_ccc/documents/archive_2005_compendium-ccc_en.html

Last edited:
Providence is the name used for God when he is actively engaged with us in making all things possible. It is the relationship between the divine and humanity. Providence requires our cooperation. The best example is Mary’s response to Gabriel saying “yes” that she will be “the handmaid of the Lord”.

To understand Providence is to understand these two phrases together:
“God will provide.” and
(borrowing a line I just love from a TV show)
“The hands of God are often to be found at the ends of our own arms.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back