What is JPII's official title these days?

• Thread starter Thread starter Genesis315
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Genesis315

Servant of God, Venerable, Blessed?

I know his beatification process has begun, so what’s the appropriate thing to put before his name?

40.png
Genesis315:
Servant of God, Venerable, Blessed?

I know his beatification process has begun, so what’s the appropriate thing to put before his name?
Servant of God. He has not yet been named venerable.

40.png
Genesis315:
Thanks.:tiphat:
You’re welcome. 🙂 The servant of God stage can last for years, although I suspect it won’t be too many years for JPII. 😉

That’s before his name. And after his name you put “the Great”.:dancing:

…not officially

Though to me, JPII is what i call a SIO saint.

that is “so incredebly obvious” saint, like mother theresa for example.

I got this e-mail a while back…

They stood half a million strong in St. Peter’s Square and chanted “Magnus, Magnus, Magnus.” Translation: “Great, Great, Great.” They were calling for our dearly departed John Paul II to be named “The Great.” Only two previous Popes have been given that title; Leo the Great (d. 461), and Gregory the Great (d. 604). There hasn’t been another one in 1400 years. Until now!

The title “Great” is not given by the Church. It is not given by the College of Cardinals. It is given by the people, by public acclamation and popular use. It is given by you and me.

Most of us will never have the opportunity to make our wishes on this known. But now you can…

I now direct you to where your voice can be heard. Go to c-fam.org/cgi-bin/jpthegreat.pl and sign the petition calling for John Paul II to be universally acclaimed John Paul the Great.

Your name, along with millions of others, will be delivered directly to office of our new Pope Benedict XVI. The names will also be delivered to the Vatican press corps, the press in the United States and around the world.

Let your voice be heard: “Great, Great, Great, John Paul the Great”

Go to c-fam.org/cgi-bin/jpthegreat.pl right now and sign the petition.

And, this is very important, right now send this note to your family and friends. Send this around the world. Let this take on a life of its own. Let millions sign!

The Great. He will always be John Paul the Great for me. The church led by a great saint, and I wasn’t listening while he lived. I know something swept over the world with his passing that touched me. I don’t mean that in a little way, “oh, I’m touched.” I mean TOUCHED. I don’t have the words. But always the Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back