What is Spiritual Direction?

• Thread starter Thread starter T.A.Stobie_SFO
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T.A.Stobie_SFO

This question has popped up in many different threads, so I feel it is appropriate to address in its own thread.

What is Spiritual Direction? - Spiritual direction is the interaction of a person and a spiritual director to help the person notice and respond to the movement of God as experienced in prayer and in the events of ordinary life.

What does a Spiritual Director do? - The director acts as a listening, supportive person who creates an atmosphere where one can look honestly at his or her relationship with God as it is lived out in everyday life.

I go into more depth on my Spiritual Direction page at URL: stobie.home.sprynet.com/religion/SpiritualDirection.htm

🙂 I hope this is helpful. If you have suggestions for things I need to add to the webpage, let me know.

I saw a question about email Spiritual Direction and this can be done is more difficult due to the lack of visual and auditory queues that help the Spiritual Director understand the needs and motivations of the Directee.

I have done some email Spiritual Direction in the past and will continue to do so. Those in need can contact me by email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back