What is the Churches teachings on the so called Rapture?

• Thread starter Thread starter Nicky777
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nicky777

What is Catholic teaching on this subjuct?

Last edited:
If you please, what is the church’s understanding on the book of revelation? Besides the the wedding feast of the Bridegroom to His bride the Church.

What is Catholic teaching on this subj[e]ct?
Catechism
673 Since the Ascension Christ’s coming in glory has been imminent,566 even though "it is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has fixed by his own authority."567. This eschatological coming could be accomplished at any moment, even if both it and the final trial that will precede it are “delayed”.568

566 Cf. Rev 22:20.
567 Acts 1:7; Cf. Mk 13:32.
568 Cf. Mt 24:44; 1 Thess 5:2; 2 Thess 2:3-12.
English: caught up, Latin: rapiemur, Greek: harpgesometha

1 Thess. 4:16-17
16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; 17 then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord.

(Vulgate) 17 deinde nos qui vivimus qui relenquimur simul rapiemur cum illis in nubibus obviam Domino in aera et sic semper cum Domino erimus.

So this must be hell!

It is estimated that 151,600 people die each day so there are that many experiencing their particular judgment day.

I’m pretty sure the World was supposed to end last year, and the year before that…and the year before that…😹

The predominant teaching of the Church has been dubbed “amillenialism” by some. The teaching is that we are in the millenium now between Christ’s ascension and the parousia. When Christ returns, that’ll be it. Heaven and Earth will be regenerated and made new, there will be the general judgment, and the establishment of Christ’s kingdom. We do not believe there will be a “worldly” kingdom (as in, an actual nation state) established before then. The kingdom as it is now is the Church. It is present, though hidden by a veil. At Christ’s return it’ll be unveiled in all its glory.

Last edited:
You’re funny… I haven’t laghed that hard in a while. Nice try though. 😏

Last edited:
I love the look of confusion on Nicholas Cage’s face. It’s like he’s asking “Why am I in this movie? What did my agent get me into?” 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back