What is the history of the Rosary?!?!?!?

• Thread starter Thread starter EsclavoDeCristo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EsclavoDeCristo

I lead a childrens rosary every week and have no idea where the rosary came from or it´s history. Any info and or inet links are appriciated.

I recommend that you can buy “The Secret of the Rosary” by St. Louis Grignion de Montfort (Catholic Book Publishing Company, 2004 – 240 pages). The newly printed version includes an appendix of the new luminous mysteries. It was less than $5 where I bought it (Franciscan Monastery in NE Washington DC).

40.png
jmm08:
I recommend that you can buy “The Secret of the Rosary” by St. Louis Grignion de Montfort (Catholic Book Publishing Company, 2004 – 240 pages). The newly printed version includes an appendix of the new luminous mysteries. It was less than $5 where I bought it (Franciscan Monastery in NE Washington DC).
Thanks for the book recommendation but do you know of anything online? I’m in Honduras, Central America and books in English are hard to come by.

Any site geared towards youth and about the rosary would be good.

An article on the Rosary from the old Catholic Encyclopedia:

newadvent.org/cathen/13184b.htm

Note that this was published around 1912, so it won’t contain any more modern developments, such as the Luminous mysteries, or anything associated with Fatima, or anything else from the 20th century on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back