What is the story behind the Jacob's Ladder Rosary?

• Thread starter Thread starter Marilena
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marilena

I’d like to know, as I recently purchased one for myself 🙂

If I am correct, the latter rosary has more to do with how it is made, than any specific story. You are talking about the ones that linked together with links outside the beads as well ?

40.png
bauerice:
If I am correct, the latter rosary has more to do with how it is made, than any specific story. You are talking about the ones that linked together with links outside the beads as well ?
I think your correct. If this is what she has, then it is a Jacob’s Ladder rosary because of the design. Although some people do refer to the rosary as a ladder to heaven, I know of no particular story about it.

http://www.medjugorjeusa.org/ladderrosary.jpg

A friend of mine who is a Catholic seller from Kansas has the story behind it. I just wanted to know if anyone knew about it.

40.png
Marilena:
A friend of mine who is a Catholic seller from Kansas has the story behind it. I just wanted to know if anyone knew about it.
Nope! But I would love to hear it. What is it? 🙂

40.png
maggieodae:
Nope! But I would love to hear it. What is it? 🙂
Here is what i know about:

Some trace the first ladder rosary to the vision of St. Dominic in which he saw souls climbing to heaven on the rosary. Others point to the vision of St. Francis De Sales who saw two ladders to heaven: a rather steep one leading directly to Jesus, and another far less steep one leading toward Mary. Jesus told St. Francis: “Tell your sons to come by the other ladder”,

40.png
Marilena:
Here is what i know about:

Some trace the first ladder rosary to the vision of St. Dominic in which he saw souls climbing to heaven on the rosary. Others point to the vision of St. Francis De Sales who saw two ladders to heaven: a rather steep one leading directly to Jesus, and another far less steep one leading toward Mary. Jesus told St. Francis: “Tell your sons to come by the other ladder”,
Now that you mention it, I do believe I have heard that. 🙂 I believe that is why many people call the Rosary a Ladder to heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back