What is Ultreya?

• Thread starter Thread starter caroljm36
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

caroljm36

I googled but didn’t find out much. There is apparently one of these orgs at my church but what is it exactly? I’d like to to meet people by joining a service a club like the K of C, ie one that isn’t historically anti-Catholic, and also one that we have in my home town. Not sure we have Opus Dei here but I have a bad association of them with the spy Robert Hansson, who had some kinky proclivities. Hubby mentioned Daughters of Isabella but I think maybe they’ve all died out.

Any info on this Ultreya outfit?

I have no idea what Ultreya is but if there is a group in your parish why don’t you ask one of the members some questions and maybe go along for a couple of meetings to see for yourself.

*Not sure we have Opus Dei here but I have a bad association of them with the spy Robert Hansson, who had some kinky proclivities. *

Opus Dei have about 70,000 members world wide so I think it is not really sensible to judge the prelature on one person. Jesus had 12 apostles, one betrayed him, one denied him and the rest abandoned him at the crucifixion. Imagine if we had judged Christainity in those people!!!

The Church has many groups these days, Emmaeus communities, Charismatic groups, Opus Dei, Larche, Cursillio etc Perhaps one of them may be for you but do be sure to look into them thoroughly and not rely on superficial impressions. I will try to find out about Ultreya for you.

Ultreya is the monthly meeting of people who have made a Cursillo weekend. Now, what is Cursillo? “A short course in Christianity”. Cursillo is a weekend retreat for laypeople that is run by laypeople. Laypeople give most of the presentations along with a priest and maybe a deacon who offer presentations also. It is a wonderful way to grow in faith. And those who have made a Cursillo are called “cursillistas”

If you have the opportunity to make a weekend, I strongly recommend it. BTW, the weekends are segregated. Men present for men, and women present for women.

Peace,
Linda
(Curisillista since 1995)

Warning! This info is from a radio talk show.

They say Ultreya is the name of a man who lives in London, England. He is supposed to have lived while Christ was alive. He gives “messages” from time to time to people who don’t know him, he speaks to total strangers. His messages are prophetic and have strong moral flavor. He is said to be short in stature and appears to be Egyptian in features.

Thanks, this helps. I have no idea who is in Ultreya in my parish, which is huge. I only saw a notice about a potluck for members with no invitation to new people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back