What is your favorite Mysteries of the Rosary?

• Thread starter Thread starter dizzy_dave
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dizzy_dave

Hi everyone! I was curious, what is your favorite Rosary Mysteries and why? I like the sorrowful, I have a greater attachment to it now that I’ve seen the Passion of the Christ movie, I can think more deeply of what Christ did for me and all of us. I also like the New Luminous mysteries. I always thought there was too much of a gap between the Joyful ans Sorrowful, the new Luminous mysteries fill in the “Gaps” of Christs life. God Bless. :tiphat:

My particular favorite Mystery is the Coronation of Our Lady as Queen of Heaven and Earth. My life seems to be filled with connections to the Queenship of Mary and this Holy Mystery. So, over the years, I have paid particular attention to it.

I like to join in the meditation of Pope John XXIII who said of this Mystery, “This mediation applies to ourselves, to our vocation to become associated one day with the angels and the saints, the mysterious and comforting reality which sanctifying grace anticipates in this life.”

Quotation from “Meditations on the Mysteries of the Rosary as Composed by Pope John XXIII” found at Father John A. Hardon’s “Catholic Prayer Book” at page 203 (Eternal Life, 1999).

I had to check joyful. I’ve come across pamplets that include the “fruit of the mystery.” For the joyful ones it’s; #1 humility, #2 love of neighbor, #3 poverty, #4 obedience, and, #5 joy in finding Jesus. :cool:

I do love them all but I am especially fond of the new Luminous mysteries especially the fifth mystery. The Institution of The Eucharist.

Three cheers for Pope John Paul II for adding these.

Joyful. After this blog pointed out how meaningful they become to fathers when viewed from St Joseph’s perspective (The **Anxious ** Mysteries):

1. *]The Annunciation (My betrothed is with child. She says the father is God…?)
    *]The Visitation (My betrothed – who is *with child * – has left town. This is not going well)
    *]The Nativity (My wife is giving birth to God’s son in a barn!)
    *]The Presentation (I’m supposed to redeem God’s son with two doves!? Who are this creepy old man and crazy-talking lady?)
    *]The Finding in the Temple (I lost Jesus! I **Lost ** Jesus!! **I ** LOST JESUS!!!)

anxiously,
    tee

Honestly, I like 'em all. After saying the Rosary for a long time the connections between the mysteries get even cooler and make for meditations too. I picked the Glorious because of the meditating that can be done on the Resurrection and of course Mary being Assumed and then the Coronated as Queen.

jegow

I like them all as well. But most of the time I think I am best able to meditate on the Sorrowful. I have so much to be sorry for, so the suffering is extremely significant. My sins are the deepest scarlet, and I feel like I am to blame for all His suffering. But I agree with Toni. I really like the Institution on the Eucharist. About 10 years ago at the Mass of the Last Supper I noticed in the Pange Lingua the line that goes: Then as food to all his brethren Gives himself with his own hand. That has always stayed with me, often making me cry-because of his tremendous love for me, and in sorrow for offending Him so much. When I pray that Mystery I often recall that line.

JMJ:heart:
SFX

I picked the Luminous and I do like them all. I pray all 4 sets and more daily. I alway loved the Joyful but for reasons I can’t quite put into words I’ve become partial to the Luminous…

40.png
Annunciata:
I picked the Luminous and I do like them all. I pray all 4 sets and more daily. I alway loved the Joyful but for reasons I can’t quite put into words I’ve become partial to the Luminous…
I picked the Sorrowful…

I need to become more framiler with the Luminous…

All of them.

But if I had to choose just one, it would be the Sorrowful Mysteries. The greatest love ever shown to the world is contained in this mystery.

Sorrowful Mystery Number Three: The Crowning With Thorns

When the only True King this world will ever know had been betrayed, scorned, slandered, scourged, and mocked, He received the only True Crown this world will ever bestow.

40.png
porthos11:
Luminous 5: The Institution of the Eucharist.
It just occured to me that is why I think I love the Luminous more.
God Bless,
Annunciata:)

I chose Glorious! It always seems that most of the time I am praying the rosary, it’s a Wednesday or Sunday, so I know them the best. It’s not by habit nor planned… so I just feel that there’s a connection there… I definitely plan on meditating more on the other mysteries though. A day like today, however, as I am reminded… is a Wednesday, hehe.

I love Wednesdays and Sundays. I chose the Glorious mysteries. They make my heart sing praises to our glorious redeemer, whom I love with all my heart.

Interesting question for me. Until last night, I thought the Sorrowful were my favorite. I always feel a sense of peace from them.
Last night at Adoration, while saying the Luminous Mysteries, I realized they spoke to my heart as well.

I have been in a period of spiritual doubt lately and trying to work my way out of it by not giving up but praying more. At the 3rd Luminous Mystery, Proclaiming the Kingdom, the fruit of the mystery I was reading said to seek repentance and trust in God.

This spoke volumes to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back