What is your Morning Prayer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Northern_Nate
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Northern_Nate

Guest
Hi All,

I’m looking for a morning prayer offering that really speaks to me. Currently, I have this prayer on hand.

Unfathomable Plans Morning Offering
Dear Lord, I do not know what will happen to me today—
I only know that nothing will happen that was not foreseen
by you and directed to my greater good from all eternity.
I adore Your holy and unfathomable plans and submit to them
with all my heart for love of you, the Pope, and the
Immaculate Heart of Mary. Amen.

I’m not trying to knock it, but it doesn’t really speak to me. I need something to really get me fired up to carry the cross.

Please share your morning offerings here.

Thank you!

God bless!
 
This is the one I always say when I get up or on my way to school:

My God, I offer thee this day, all I think, and do, and say,
united now with what was done, on earth, by Jesus Christ, thy son.
Take my body, Jesus, eyes and ears and tongue, never let them Lord, help to do thee wrong.
May your divine assistance remain always with us…(and then at this point just name a few people who need prayers at that time, for my family it usually ends with “all the unborn babies, souls in purgatory, souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace, amen.”)
 
Hi All,

I’m looking for a morning prayer offering that really speaks to me. Currently, I have this prayer on hand.

Unfathomable Plans Morning Offering
Dear Lord, I do not know what will happen to me today—
I only know that nothing will happen that was not foreseen
by you and directed to my greater good from all eternity.
I adore Your holy and unfathomable plans and submit to them
with all my heart for love of you, the Pope, and the
Immaculate Heart of Mary. Amen.

I’m not trying to knock it, but it doesn’t really speak to me. I need something to really get me fired up to carry the cross.

Please share your morning offerings here.

Thank you!

God bless!
I pray the morning offering of St. Therese:

A MORNING PRAYER WRITTEN BY ST. THERESE
O my God! I offer Thee all my actions of this day for the intentions and for the glory of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I desire to sanctify every beat of my heart, my every thought, my simplest works, by uniting them to Its infinite merits; and I wish to make reparation for my sins by casting them into the furnace of Its Merciful Love.

O my God! I ask of Thee for myself and for those whom I hold dear, the grace to fulfill perfectly Thy Holy Will, to accept for love of Thee the joys and sorrows of this passing life, so that we may one day be united together in heaven for all Eternity.

Amen.

There is a longer version in the IPieta iPhone app but I couldn’t find it online.

I also pray the Morning Liturgy of the Hours, plus a few other prayers.
 
I find the prayer of St. Francis to be a blessing… even if it does not specifically mention the “morning,” yet it is how we should live every day.
The Prayer of Saint Francis
Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.

O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
It is in dying to self that we are born to eternal life.
 
x2.

Well, actually Vigils (Office of Readings) at 5:30 am, lectio divina from 6 am to 6:30 am, and Lauds at 6:30 am. An hour or so later on Sundays.

It’s a new schedule I’m trying in order to get in more time for lectio, something I’ve been neglecting.

You can’t go wrong with the official public prayer of the Church even when said privately.
 
Thank you all for the feedback. I appreciate the help here.

This Forum is truly a blessing!

Have a great week!

Nate
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top