What it takes to be a saint?

• Thread starter Thread starter Montie_Claunch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Montie_Claunch

I have heard a lot of what the church does and looks into to make a Saint but, I never heard it in a coherant thought and I am not sure which parts of what people say actually is in there, so I am a bit confused on how it works.Could someone clear it up for me?

Hmmmm - I want very much to be a saint - and with God’s grace I hope this will come to pass.

To be a saint I think you would:
  • pray
  • love
  • forgive
  • trust
  • pray
  • persevere
  • hope
  • have faith
  • pray
  • trust in Mary’s intercession
  • give
  • contemplate
  • and pray
I stumble often, think about Him always, seek forgiveness, and wake each new day putting one foot in front of the other along my path to Him.

I hope to be true to my catechism directive: we were made to know, love and serve the Lord, and to be happy with Him forever in heaven. May we have to grace to achieve that end!

Jeanne Elizabeth Marie

It does not matter whether one would be a “recognized” saint, but rather that one would achieve heaven to adore the Lord forever, yes?

J.E.M.

All it takes to be a saint is to get to heaven.

To be canonized as a saint, there is a process that the saint’s followers go through, petitioning for formal recognition of sainthood, which begins at the local diocesan level.

Do the ordinary things extraordinary! Offer everything up to God. Moving a chair from here to there can be offered up and sanctified.

Don’t know if it will make me a saint, but it makes for a very holy environment. And who knows what God can do with that.

Pentecost3

Saints are sinners that fall, but get up again. Reconcile, and pray and work toward holiness and eventually when you die and meet God face to face, he will welcome you into that heavenly reward to those who pick up their cross and follow him and him alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back