What lead you to God? What led you to the community that you are part of today?

• Thread starter Thread starter Truthseeker951
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Truthseeker951

Hello I am a student doing a study on religious communities for a sociology class. I basically want to hear your journey to where you are today. What is your story? What led you to God? What lead you to the community you are apart of? Why do you go to the specific church you go to and also what kind of church is it? Thank you for your time. And have a Blessed day.

Like in every case, God led me to God. He used my guilt of sins to bring me back to Him. I go to Catholic churches (as if there can be any other kind). I generally go to whatever ones are closest in proximity to my location at the time. I would usually go to a specific local one, although sometimes (perhaps if I missed Mass time at that one), I would go to another local one. I’m currently going to the latter one each time for the time being because the one I would go to most of the time has everything insanely over-restricted due to the Gates/Faucci virus. Thank you, hope this helps, and God bless you too!

Last edited:
I fell in love with the Gospel message. I fell in love with the idea that God loved me so much that He took upon Himself the wrath that I deserved. Also, the familiarity of the Christian life appealed to me. I used to be a sufi muslim, so things like monotheism, consciousness of God at all times, religious ecstasy and a universal form of compassion were aspects of the Christian life that were/are appealing to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back