What really means Full consent (Contumacy, Pertinacy)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thalisribeiro
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thalisribeiro

Guest
Hello,
First of all forgive my english (I am not english native). I am constantly afraid that I have been excommunicated before. Giving the fact that I kind of doubted the Presence of Jesus on the Eucharist for a second, it may be scrupulous. But I felt that I really deliberately consent on that thought, my intention was not to attempt heresy, but to analyze the limits of what is ‘to doubt’, or what is just a simple hesitation (not consent denial). I tend to play the Devil’s advocate given the fact that I was suffering of faith crisis. And yes, I was aware of all Canon code law prescriptions.
 
Giving the fact that I kind of doubted the Presence of Jesus on the Eucharist for a second,
Considering that what we believe runs counter to what secular society around us regards as reasonable, and that to believe this I think we need to abandon human logical conditioning and take a leap of faith, then having doubts like this is, I would think, quite normal.

Don’t beat yourself up about this, many experience doubts at times. The fact that such doubts trouble you is, I think, perhaps a testament to your strong faith. But the advice given above to talk to your priest is good advice. Bring it up at your next Confession.
 
Last edited:
I get really affected by those things, I feel guilty, mentally exhausted, felt bad all dlay long.
I can’t ignore the fact that I could be excommunicated, and yes I will talk to the priest (and maybe a Canon Lawyer), but I’m afraid he will just mislead or not give enough consideration. Sorry the outburst.

I really need help
 
Jesus knows our sins, yet calls us by our name.

Satan knows our name, yet calls us by our sins.

Doubt is not even a sin. Speak to your priest, do not listen to Satan.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top