S
shanishani7
Guest
I was full of faith and love towards God and Mary last year. However, after many things happened on me these few months, I am so sad. I once asked God why He let me suffer, I heard from God telling me these all are from sins of human, not from God. Then I wonder why I He not gonna help me. There was no answer though.
I have prayed for different things but I feel all prayers go in vain, I have stopped my 54 days novena already, and I did not go to church or mass for 2 weeks. Just last Sunday I went to mass but I am not familiar, and I do not pray at night because I really feel discouraged. I feel I am experiencing “Dark night of the soul” the same as St John of the Cross. I feel everything need to be done myself and God not helping me, I feel I have lost the faith, love and hope.
A few days ago, I asked God again and opened the bible (He used to communicate with me in the bible in such way), it turned to and I read the passage of “God’s steadfast love”. After reading, I feel God is telling me again that His love to us still endures forever and asking me not to give up any hope on Him.
This I read from Bible:
**<Lamentations 3>
The thought of my affliction and my homelessness is wormwood and gall!
My soul continually thinks of it and is bowed down within me.
But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,“therefore I will hope in him.”
The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul that seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
It is good for one to bear the yoke in youth, to sit alone in silence when the Lord has imposed it, to put one’s mouth to the dust (there may yet be hope), to give one’s cheek to the smiter, and be filled with insults.
For the Lord will not reject forever.
Although he causes grief, he will have compassion according to the abundance of his steadfast love; for he does not willingly afflict or grieve anyone.**
Should I just keep praying and asking Him? or what to do? God gives human freedom of choice and if the bad situation is caused by others freedom of choice, God respects it. How will God save us from such situations?
I have prayed for different things but I feel all prayers go in vain, I have stopped my 54 days novena already, and I did not go to church or mass for 2 weeks. Just last Sunday I went to mass but I am not familiar, and I do not pray at night because I really feel discouraged. I feel I am experiencing “Dark night of the soul” the same as St John of the Cross. I feel everything need to be done myself and God not helping me, I feel I have lost the faith, love and hope.
A few days ago, I asked God again and opened the bible (He used to communicate with me in the bible in such way), it turned to and I read the passage of “God’s steadfast love”. After reading, I feel God is telling me again that His love to us still endures forever and asking me not to give up any hope on Him.
This I read from Bible:
**<Lamentations 3>
The thought of my affliction and my homelessness is wormwood and gall!
My soul continually thinks of it and is bowed down within me.
But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,“therefore I will hope in him.”
The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul that seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
It is good for one to bear the yoke in youth, to sit alone in silence when the Lord has imposed it, to put one’s mouth to the dust (there may yet be hope), to give one’s cheek to the smiter, and be filled with insults.
For the Lord will not reject forever.
Although he causes grief, he will have compassion according to the abundance of his steadfast love; for he does not willingly afflict or grieve anyone.**
Should I just keep praying and asking Him? or what to do? God gives human freedom of choice and if the bad situation is caused by others freedom of choice, God respects it. How will God save us from such situations?