What to do if you think God is dropping hints, but arent really sure?

• Thread starter Thread starter Argh
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Argh

I suppose its kinda of a dumb question. But how does one seperate coincidence from God giving you a little push?

-You dont have to tell physicists that God doesnt play dice.
-The Platapus - Living proof God has a sense of humor.

40.png
Argh:
I suppose its kinda of a dumb question. But how does one seperate coincidence from God giving you a little push?
By yourself, I would say you probabaly cannot. How do I know, because I am in the same situation.

That is why I am in search of a Spiritual Director. Fortunately, the parish I am planning to join does have a Spritual Director (it is ran by the Passionists).

I would suggest, if I am reading your post right, you should do the same thing.

PF

My spiritual director said to look at the end result or effect. If something is from God then the result will always be good. But consult a spiritual director/ confessor before making any big decisions.
God is not a distant being. He is with us and within us. We depend on Him for our existence. If He stopped thinking about us we would cease to exist. So, nothing happens without Him in some way being involved in it.
But then there is us ( fallible beings), the devils etc. So we need to be sure it’s God who’s pushing us. You find this out in spiritual direction, and through prayer.

I wouldn’t know, I don’t get hints, I get baseball bats, exploding lightbulbs, electric shocks. Holy Spirit somehow got the idea my head is hard as rock and He needs to get my attention.

A sign without faith is a coincidence and if you have faith it is a sign.
You should wait for a sign and then have faith it’s from God. God bless

i usually decern the small pushes in that they are thoughts and impulses that cross my mind that are good in intent and result, but do not seem to come from my own thought. instead of thinking i need to do this or i should do that, the thought is you shoudl do this, and it is not a action i would have ever thought of taking.

When I think God is dropping hints, I immediately start praying that He will show me if these are signs from Him. I guess I tend to err on the side of thinking they are not signs because I know people who have read every little thing in their lives as a sign, with unfortunate consequences. I find that if it is a sign from God, He will keep making it clearer and clearer as long as I continue to pray about it.

I myself am going through the same situation. I have been directed to take it to Eucharist and meditate on my situation. I have been doing this and keep getting confirmation that I need to be closer to the Eucharist at this time. It has been confirmed by different readings, EWTN and Catholic Radio. Just listen and blind faith. You will know.

Pray, Pray, Pray and when your done praying, pray some more. If God wants you to do something, you need to listen to Him in prayer to discern it.

ybiC,
Trevor

40.png
Argh:

-You dont have to tell physicists that God doesnt play dice.
-The Platapus
- Living proof God has a sense of humor.
I believe God arranges co-incidences. (Romans 8:28)

Do you read Scripture ? …daily ?
it is as easy as drinking a glass of water at least once a day !

Jesus says “YOU ERR BECAUSE YOU KNOW NEITHER THE SCRIPTURE NOR THE POWER OF GOD.”

if you read Acts of the Apostles… you will learn how the Holy Spirit “HINTS” or "PROMPTS the disciples.

Pray the prayer to the Holy Spirit inside the front cover of your Bible…
Pray for DISCERNMENT.
pray for a PRAYER LANGUAGE.
Pray for The Love of Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back