What to say to post abortion mothers

• Thread starter Thread starter chrisg93
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrisg93

I talk and pray at the abortion mill. I have Catholic liturature to hand out to mothers on arrival, but nothing to handout after their abortion. Can someone direct me to a resource?

Also what should we say to these women as they are limping down the sidewalk to their car after abortion?

Rachel’s Vineyard is a post-abortive support organization that holds retreats and I believe counsels women and men following abortion. They may have some literature available to hand out – check out their website at www.rachelsvineyard.org

You might also contact your archdiocese family life office to see if they can direct you to other parish groups that might have literature available for your location.

It’s difficult to know what to say, especially right afterward when they are feeling lousy, are sedated, and the full effect of what happened hasn’t quite hit them. Maybe just “I’ll be praying for your healing.”

God bless you for all you are already doing in trying to guide these women!

This post just reminded me of an experience I had with a woman who had returned to the small apartment complex where I lived came limping home looking as if she had been assaulted without any visible bruises. I asked if she was ok, and she told me that she had just had an abortion and was going to lie down for awhile. I helped her to her apartment, gave her my phone number and after making sure that she made it to her bed alright, I went back to my own apartment. I prayed for her. Shortly afterward my husband and I moved from there but I think of her from time to time and pray that she’s doing better in her life now and for the grace of conversion for her heart.

I’m thinking now we should provide more of a post-abortion apostolate on the “mini”-level. Just as we can go to an abortion mill to protest, we could meet 'em coming and going. hmmmm - Mfaustina1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back