What was going on?

• Thread starter Thread starter rianredd1088
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rianredd1088

THIS PAST MONTH, ME AND MY FAMILY WERE AT A CONFIRMATION. THE MASS WAS REALLY NICE WITH THE BISHOP AND ALL, UNTIL THE CHURCH PRIEST GOT UP TO TALK. HE CALLED 2 GIRLS WHO WERE GETTING CONFIRMED AND LAYED HIS HANDS ON THEIR HEADS, AND THEY FELL TO THE FLOOR!!!:bigyikes: NOW I MUST ADMIT I DIDN’T THINK THE CATHOLIC CHURCH DID THINGS LIKE THIS. EVERYONE WAS SHOCKED. THE GIRLS WERE LAYING ON THE FLOOR FOR A GOOD 30 MINUTES! I HAVE SEEN TELEVANGILISTS(SP?) DO THIS BEFORE BUT I THOUGHT IS WAS MADE UP. MY QUESTION IS, CAN A CATHOLIC PRIEST DO THIS?

I really dont know, before he did this, he was telling how he used to live in sin and stuff. then during it i dont think he said anything except he asked the girls to go up there, then after he did it, i dont know if he said anything. You see, i was in the back helping with the collection money when he did it and when i came bock out, he had already done it.

… and a Roman Catholic Bishop was present during all of this :eek:

yes a roman catholic bishop, he didn’t seen troubled by it when i talke dto him, but i wouldn’t know his expression a the time it happened, i wasn’t there. I’ll ask my sister in law, who was being confirmed, what the priest said b4,during,after the event, and if the bishop showed any facial expression.

40.png
rianredd1088:
yes a roman catholic bishop, he didn’t seen troubled by it when i talke dto him, but i wouldn’t know his expression a the time it happened, i wasn’t there. I’ll ask my sister in law, who was being confirmed, what the priest said b4,during,after the event, and if the bishop showed any facial expression.
The purpose of the Sacrament is to be strengthened in the Holy Spirit. Maybe it really happened!

I CAN HELP YOU BY REMINDING YOU TO TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK 😃

I TYPE IN CAPS CUZ I LIKE TO, IT DOESN’T MEAN IM YELLING. I TALKED TO MY SISTER IN LAW, SHE SAID BEFORE THE EVENT, THE PRIEST SAID TO THE BISHOP AND THE CONGRIGATION, “IM GOING TO PROVE TO YOU THHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS TURLY PRESENT HERE.” THEN HE CALLLED UP THE 12 GIRLS AND HAD THE FAINT. THEN HE WALKED BACK TO HIS SEAT.

I’ve witnessed this before - it was at a healing Mass. The priest would place both hands on the top of your head and pray to the Holy Spirit to heal you of whatever ailed you - physical or spiritual. A person would stand directly behind you to catch you and gently lower you to the floor in case you were ‘taken by the Holy Spirit’ (I hope that’s the correct phrase). It’s a bit disconcerting to witness initially.

so my next question is, can anyone do this, like everyday people? :hmmm:

rianredd1088

What you and the assembly witnessed is called being “slain” in the spirit. This happen when the Holy Spirit is so powerfully present that when a person is touched, the person is so spiritually overwhelmed that the person “faints”.

As someone stated before, this happens a lot during healing services, or doing Charismatic events. BTW, Evangelicals aren’t the only ones that have the power of the Spirit. Jesus and the Apostles did many of these things also.

If you’ve never witnessed it before, it can be a shock to the system. For these two girls to be affected the way they were, the Holy Spirit may have already been very active within them. Mind you, Confirmation is invoking the Holy Spirit to fill the Confirmande in order that they may be able to hear and do the will of God.

As for who can do it, in my experience, I’ve only witnessed Priests and Decans do the “slaying” in the spirit.

Peace

Wow now thats the answer i was looking for, thank you rfor clearing that up for me. God Bless

40.png
rianredd1088:
I TYPE IN CAPS CUZ I LIKE TO, IT DOESN’T MEAN IM YELLING.
That may be true, but the fact remains that it’s more difficult for the rest of us to read.

40.png
rianredd1088:
I TYPE IN CAPS CUZ I LIKE TO, IT DOESN’T MEAN IM YELLING. I TALKED TO MY SISTER IN LAW, SHE SAID BEFORE THE EVENT, THE PRIEST SAID TO THE BISHOP AND THE CONGRIGATION, “IM GOING TO PROVE TO YOU THHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS TURLY PRESENT HERE.” THEN HE CALLLED UP THE 12 GIRLS AND HAD THE FAINT. THEN HE WALKED BACK TO HIS SEAT.
This is the only thing I question. Why would the priest say something like, “I’m going to prove to you that the Holy Spirit is truly present here”
I may be mistaken, but it seems the priest was setting the stage.
I find it more bothersome the priest would say somthing like that then call the girls up, than if there hadn’t been an “announcement”
I truly hope it was the Holy Spirit and not a priest getting theatrical.

My vote is for this being of something OTHER than the work of the Holy Spirit, altho it could be the work of A spirit.

Read the lives of the Saints, even the great mystics and you will NOT find such nonsence, “test all things”-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back