What Would This be Called?

• Thread starter Thread starter Melvin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Melvin

Many years ago, before becoming Catholic, I had a pastor who believed that believers became God. Not simply that we are joined to God, but that we become God to the point of losing our own personhood.

What would such a philosphy be called? I assume it cannot be considered Christian, but I did not realize that at the time…

Thank you…

40.png
Melvin:
Many years ago, before becoming Catholic, I had a pastor who believed that believers became God. Not simply that we are joined to God, but that we become God to the point of losing our own personhood.

What would such a philosphy be called? I assume it cannot be considered Christian, but I did not realize that at the time…

Thank you…
I’d call it something you could spread on the south forty but I think the technical term would be pantheism.

The Son of God became a Son of men so the sons of men could become sons of God. This would be a correct statement but I’ve heard it said this way “God became man so man could become God”, that would be a incorrect statement. We will always be sons and daughters of God if we believe and follow the Son of God and share in His life but we will never be the Father. God Bless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back