What would YOU do?

• Thread starter Thread starter Stylus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stylus

I don’t know the name of this devotion- but saying 2 Our Father’s, 2 Hail Mary’'s and 2 Glory Be’s every day for 3 years in honor of the Precious Blood has a whole list of promises rewarded with it. I’ve been saying this devotion for 4,5 maybe 6 years. The reason being is that even though that’s not a lot of prayers- saying it every day can get monotonous and I’ve often said them sloppy, distracted, you know how it is. So I don’t know if I’ve ever completed it. That’s why I keep going year after year. I wish I could ask God if I finished it. 😦

Wow, I just wrote about this devotion on the Blue Scapular thread! My first year will be up on April 11 next year, so I’m not feeling the monotony of it yet 😃 Since you said the prayers for more than three years, I would consider it “done.” Although you could start afresh today and make sure every time you say them you are truly praying them and not saying them sloppily. I heard a priest say that we don’t have to worry if our prayers are 100% perfect–that’s where the Holy Spirit comes in. We do our best and make the move by offering a prayer, and the Holy Spirit perfects it for us. Don’t be 😦 ! Be :dancing: because you gave those prayers to God for all of those years of your life to honor every Drop of Blood that Jesus spilled.

If you are feeling tired of this devotion, go through your prayer book (did you see this in the Pieta? That’s where I saw it!) and find another one! Have you tried the St. Bridget prayers? They only take one year. God may be calling you to pray a different devotion now that you’ve almost doubled the Drops of Blood devotion 🙂

Wow, I admire you for your dedication! I have never been able to do it! If I were God, I would be so moved that you honored my Precious Blood for so many years, and I would reward you for it. I would be at peace. Do what CatholicSam said, and find a new devotion if you wish. I like doing the Divine Mercy Chaplet every day if I remember, especially at 3pm. But you know, even if it’s not at the Mercy Hour I still say it, and in spirit I place myself wherever in the world it’s 3pm, and then I make the Chaplet. I have found many graces through it! God love you! 👋

I believe that your intention is the most important. Didn’t St. Augustine say the intention to pray is in itself a prayer? I heard a wonderful presentation by Fr. Dubay in which he said that we must be open to more meditative prayer and worry less about getting our Quota in. Of course, I’m sure that you were very mediative when you prayed this beautiful devotion. I love Fr. Dubay’s books on prayers, esp. Prayer Primer which is great for a beginner like me.

Actually the St. Bridget prayers, if it’s the same one, is 12 years not 1. I got this off their site, I have been doing it about 6 months so far!

The Seven our Fathers and Hail Marys In honor of His Holy wounds and His precious blood:

"Know that I will grant the following five graces to those who recite every day for twelve years (or until their death, should they die before):
  1. They will avoid Purgatory.
  2. They will be numbered amongst the martyrs, as though they had shed their blood for the faith.
  3. I will maintain the souls of three of their children (or relatives) in a state of santifying grace.
  4. The souls of their relatives, up to four generations, will avoid Hell.
  5. They will know the date of their death one month in advance.
Pope Innocent X confirmed this revelation and added that those who practice this devotion will liberate a soul from Purgatory on Good Fridays. How many graces can we thus obtain by accepting to dedicate 10 minutes each day to the Holy Wounds of our Lord…revealed to St. Bridget of Sweden

That’s a beautiful devotion! Thanks for sharing it, awalt! It’s the same St. Bridget, but a different devotion to the one I was thinking of. The one I was referring to consists of fifteen prayers that can be said in place of the Stations of the Cross (or rather used as meditiations for the Stations, since they deal with the Passion), along with an Our Father and Hail Mary for each of the 15 prayers. These, said every day for one year, atone for the sufferings Jesus endured at the Scourging, I believe. But I do not have the information in front of me right now, so I may be mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back