What's Your Spiritual Type?

• Thread starter Thread starter bluezone7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just took it and got a 93 , my former nuns should be happy with that!

Turns out I’m a 54, a “spiritual straddler”. No surprise there!

Peace.

OK, I got an 86, “Confident Believer”

Was that a Catholic-based website?

I got a 92-a candidate for clergy. The problems with that are: I’m a mom, and I have very little interest in becoming a nun! (And even less interest in becoming a priest!😉 😃 )

I scored 93 - candidate for clergy. I certainly do not want to be ordained, but I want to enter the sisterhood, if that counts.

Something I dislike about this type of thing is that the assumption is made that it is the place of clergy to have very high religious beliefs, but others do not or need not. I think this is entirely false. After all, who is raising the next generation of our faith, but the laity? They are the base of the Church, and their faith is (because of this) perhaps the most important (for continuation).

God bless,
Lily628

40.png
lily628:
I scored 93 - candidate for clergy. I certainly do not want to be ordained, but I want to enter the sisterhood, if that counts.

Something I dislike about this type of thing is that the assumption is made that it is the place of clergy to have very high religious beliefs, but others do not or need not. I think this is entirely false. After all, who is raising the next generation of our faith, but the laity? They are the base of the Church, and their faith is (because of this) perhaps the most important (for continuation).

God bless,
Lily628
Good point Lily,
I scored an 89, but I had problems with some questions as I wasn’t satisfied by any of the answers. And in some, Faith and reason were put at odds where they need not be. Thanks and God Bless.

Momofone:
I got a 92-a candidate for clergy. The problems with that are: I’m a mom, and I have very little interest in becoming a nun! (And even less interest in becoming a priest!😉 😃 )
Being a mom is not a problem and having a strong faith is actually a blessing in your vocation.

Your husband and children are blessed indeed.

:blessyou:

Some questions offer such silly alternatives that anyone who informs oneself on one’s beliefs will probably find it impossible to choose one. I almost left Q19 unanswered…

The tally was 90, “candidate for clergy”. Granted, I think I betrayed a call in the past, but my present is to be the most important preacher to my family, particularly in actions.

May the Lord keep us in His Light.

I got a 90.

I also dislike the assumption that everyone who has strong religious beliefs should become a member of the clergy or a nun. I’m still at the stage where I’m trying to discern God’s call in my life, but I don’t want to mistake a desire to be holy with a call for the religious life. I think a lot of people do this, though, because if people think I am serious about my faith, they often ask if I want to be a nun.

Q19. What frustrates me most about faith is:
  1. That even having faith and treating others well does not prevent bad things from happening to me or my loved ones
  2. That ultimate events such as the Second Coming do not happen
  3. That religions continue to create barriers and hostility between people
  4. That God allows so much suffering and evil.
Um, that question is a problem. My faith NEVER frustrates me. It only frustrates me that people call themselves Catholic and want to change doctrine so women can be priests and use birth control. I also find it shady that the same website offering this quiz, invites you to watch a trailer for Kingdom of Heaven… a movie that I heard is not looking good for us Catholics.

I, too, had difficulty with some of the questions. I could have answered “none of the above” to more than one of the questions. At any rate, I scored an 88.

40.png
4t1:
I, too, had difficulty with some of the questions. I could have answered “none of the above” to more than one of the questions. At any rate, I scored an 88.
Or all of the above. I got an 83. The site does not explain how or why which really makes it questionable.
:confused::rolleyes::yup:

Thanks for posting the quiz 🙂

I got an 82 which I am quiet pleased with

God bless you
-RoBo_Hobo

I scored an 89. Sometimes when I take these tests I think it might be more accurate to take it on three different days and see if the scores change. They’re fun to take but I don’t take them seriously.

I got an 85 which puts me right in the middle.I don’t think this web site has anything to do with the Church. I clicked on one of the links and came up with some very disturbing discussions. I also wasn’t happy with the way some of the questions were asked or the answers or both. I’m not frustrated with my faith just with my failure to follow and serve.

Well, it seems I am a :getholy: candidate for clergy (92). I can hardly wait to tell my pastor…On 2nd thought,:hmmm: maybe not…Let me :hmmm:think about this…:rotfl: :rotfl:

I got a 90, candidate for clergy. I am going to start my own Church now :nope:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back