When does confession change over to "spiritual direction?"

• Thread starter Thread starter martha_martha
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

martha_martha

and how does one go about getting a spiritual director?

or is it one and the same?

anyone??

are you kidding? not one bite?

almost 3 out of the 4 threads i have read recently speak of taking something up with your spiritual director…

am i missing something here?

(i am either missing something or am on ignore or something…)

martha martha:
and how does one go about getting a spiritual director?

or is it one and the same?

anyone??
Hi,
Any holy person who is very knowledgeable about the faith can be your spiritual director. A priest or religious person is usually best. I personally have been seeing a spiritual director who is a priest of Opus Dei for 15 yrs, and they are 100% orthodox and very holy. All of them around this big world. You will find that the Holy Spirit will speak to you through your director and problems will diisipate once revealed to him. Confession is telling the priest your sins and receiving absolution, the spiritual direction is the advice, encouragement etc you receive.God bless.

Yours in Jesus, Mary & Joseph,

John

If you live near a retreat center or monastery you could call them and ask if they have spiritual directors available. Or ask your local priest if he would be your spiritual director (if he is someone you would want), or call the chancery and ask for a recommendation.

John Russell Jr:
Hi,
Any holy person who is very knowledgeable about the faith can be your spiritual director. A priest or religious person is usually best. I personally have been seeing a spiritual director who is a priest of Opus Dei for 15 yrs, and they are 100% orthodox and very holy. All of them around this big world. You will find that the Holy Spirit will speak to you through your director and problems will diisipate once revealed to him.
this is wonderful - so it is someone i can bounce all of the odd revelations i am having of recent date and they will help walk me through it?

i love the idea of this.

but i am also assuming you need to seek them out as a spiritual director … so they know why you are approaching them.

our parish priest is very busy and i would like to keep him as my confessor; i will call the diocese this morning.

thank you both for your responses 🙂

there are several long threads on spiritual direction here, and on confession, with exactly what you are looking for. a search would be very profitable for you.

you know what? i fail to utilize search and simply post when it crosses my mind.

thank you annie 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back