D
De_Maria
Guest
Our separated brethren say that Abraham was justified by faith alone. So, then, when was Abraham justified?
When he first came to faith?
Hebrews 11:8
**By faith **Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
This corresponds to Genesis 12 when Abraham was still known as Abram and had just been introduced:
Genesis 12
**1Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: **
** 2And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: **
** 3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. **
** 4So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran. **
Or when Abraham was visited by God in a dream:
Genesis 15
**1After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward. **
** 2And Abram said, LORD God, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus? **
** 3And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir. **
** 4And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir. **
** 5And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. **
** 6And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness. **
Or when he sacrificed Isaac on the mount:
Hebrews 11:17
**By faith **Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
James 2:21
**Was not Abraham our father justified by ****works, when he had offered **Isaac his son upon the altar?
Genesis 22:12 (King James Version)
**12And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
Sincerely,
De Maria
**
When he first came to faith?
Hebrews 11:8
**By faith **Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
This corresponds to Genesis 12 when Abraham was still known as Abram and had just been introduced:
Genesis 12
**1Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: **
** 2And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: **
** 3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. **
** 4So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran. **
Or when Abraham was visited by God in a dream:
Genesis 15
**1After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward. **
** 2And Abram said, LORD God, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus? **
** 3And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir. **
** 4And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir. **
** 5And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. **
** 6And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness. **
Or when he sacrificed Isaac on the mount:
Hebrews 11:17
**By faith **Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
James 2:21
**Was not Abraham our father justified by ****works, when he had offered **Isaac his son upon the altar?
Genesis 22:12 (King James Version)
**12And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
Sincerely,
De Maria
**