Where do I find real Catholic girls?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tektonik
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tektonik

Guest
I know at church, but my church age demographic is 80+. I’m still at a stage in life where I’m trying my best to reach Holiness and a true union with God. That’s my first priority from now until I die. I’m still discerning whether or not God wants me to be a priest or married or single life for my secondary vocation in life. My question for you guys is where is the best place for me outside of church to meet some Catholic girls. Like, real Catholics who love their faith, like I do. I’m 22 btw.

Thank you and God bless you guys and this community.
 
I know at church, but my church age demographic is 80+. I’m still at a stage in life where I’m trying my best to reach Holiness and a true union with God. That’s my first priority from now until I die. I’m still discerning whether or not God wants me to be a priest or married or single life for my secondary vocation in life. My question for you guys is where is the best place for me outside of church to meet some Catholic girls. Like, real Catholics who love their faith, like I do. I’m 22 btw.

Thank you and God bless you guys and this community.
If you think you might be drawn to the priesthood maybe you should explore that before worrying to much about meeting women. As a woman, I can tell you they only complicate life 😉
 
I remember being where you are now. I met a few women on Ave Maria Catholic singles.com (if that is still around) but I also joined a bunch of groups (like Knight of Columbus - those old guys will try to set you up with their grand-daughters) and just tried to stay active in my faith community. Ultimately I was introduced to my wife via my best friend’s mom, but you just have to get your face out there.
 
If you think you might be drawn to the priesthood maybe you should explore that before worrying to much about meeting women. As a woman, I can tell you they only complicate life 😉
This. If you haven’t figured out your vocation, you probably shouldn’t be dating. It puts the woman you are with through a whole lot of junk that is very unpleasant to deal with. You put her and yourself in a position where both you and her can get attached, fall in love, and then it to go nowhere. It is setting you both up for heart ache.

I hear so many stories of women being strung along by a man who can’t decide, not knowing if she should allow herself to get too attached, but just enough hope not to break things off with the man she loves.The man also makes it much harder for himself to make the decision to finally going into the priesthood because they are in love with a woman and have to choose between their calling and love. It is just a bad idea all around.

Discern your vocation and if you are called to marriage, then look for a Catholic girl.
 
I know at church, but my church age demographic is 80+. I’m still at a stage in life where I’m trying my best to reach Holiness and a true union with God. That’s my first priority from now until I die. I’m still discerning whether or not God wants me to be a priest or married or single life for my secondary vocation in life. My question for you guys is where is the best place for me outside of church to meet some Catholic girls. Like, real Catholics who love their faith, like I do. I’m 22 btw.

Thank you and God bless you guys and this community.
“Where do I find real Catholic girls?”
At a tecktonik dance party.

“where is the best place for me outside of church to meet some Catholic girls. Like, real Catholics who love their faith, like I do.”
At a monastery. You did say to “meet” not to marry.

Jokes aside, just like johnsheppard’s post, probably in a more “Catholic” oriented group, relatives and friend. Finding a perfect women requires work and prayer. I do hope you didn’t set your standard sky-rocketing high, because “To Err is Human, To Forgive Divine”. If you find out you rather discern the priesthood than finding a woman, well, it’s your choice. My suggestion is to list out what do you want in your future wife. What do you “expect” from “real Catholic” girls. The patron saint I suggest for you is St. Raphael and St. Valentine. 👍

God Bless~
 
I know at church, but my church age demographic is 80+. I’m still at a stage in life where I’m trying my best to reach Holiness and a true union with God. That’s my first priority from now until I die. I’m still discerning whether or not God wants me to be a priest or married or single life for my secondary vocation in life. My question for you guys is where is the best place for me outside of church to meet some Catholic girls. Like, real Catholics who love their faith, like I do. I’m 22 btw.

Thank you and God bless you guys and this community.
Okay, here’s the deal: real Catholic girls are pro-life and many will belong to some sort of pro-life group. Join one. If you’re a half-decent guy, you shouldn’t have any trouble finding a girl to marry.
 
Okay, here’s the deal: real Catholic girls are pro-life and many will belong to some sort of pro-life group. Join one. If you’re a half-decent guy, you shouldn’t have any trouble finding a girl to marry.
It’s this easy? lol

I know, I’m discerning what to do now, but honestly, I would not mind having a group of people who are on the same page as me in terms of spirituality. I would not mind that at all.
 
It’s this easy? lol

I know, I’m discerning what to do now, but honestly, I would not mind having a group of people who are on the same page as me in terms of spirituality. I would not mind that at all.
Yep, you live in Boston, so the groups are going to be bigger. Besides, those groups have a skewed ratio of men to women (like 6:1). It’s something guys don’t really ever know about. lol

The other recommendation is Catholic colleges and parishes surrounding them.
 
Sign up for a few classes at your local Catholic college/university.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top