Where to buy a 7 decade Rosary?

• Thread starter Thread starter Madia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Madia:
Does anyone know of any other sites than those listed below that sell a 7 decade Rosary?
catholiccompany.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=5376
stpatricksguild.com/browse.cfm/4,9039.htm
How do you pray a 7 decade Rosary. Each set of Mysteries has 5 decades. What are the other two for?

How do you pray a 7 decade Rosary. Each set of Mysteries has 5 decades. What are the other two for?
Here’s some helpful links:
ewtn.com/library/PRAYER/FRACROWN.TXT
ewtn.com/library/PRAYER/FRANROS.TXT
newadvent.org/cathen/04540a.htm

I think the sixth mystery might be Christ’s apperance to Mary after His Resurrection. Although it’s not in the Gospels I imagine that it could piously be believed that His Mother was the first person Christ appeared to after His Resurrection.

Just a thought…Find someone who makes rosaries and have them create one for you. There has to be someone who does this relatively close by.

I know someone who does this and besides all the tradidtional 5 decade rosaries she has made for me, I had her make a custom 3-decade one for my car (I thought smaller would be easier to manage while driving). Shortly thereafter, I had her add two more decades on to it when I changed my mind.

40.png
Madia:
I think the sixth mystery might be Christ’s apperance to Mary after His Resurrection. Although it’s not in the Gospels I imagine that it could piously be believed that His Mother was the first person Christ appeared to after His Resurrection.
It’s in the Gospel. Remember the gardener asking “Why you are looking for the living among the dead?”

For the Franciscan Crown the mysteries are
  1. The Annunciation
  2. The Visitation
  3. The Birth of the Jesus
  4. The Magi Worship Jesus
  5. Jesus is Found in the Temple
  6. The Resurrection
  7. Mary is Assumed in Heaven and Crowned Queen
That’s what I’ve been reciting, so let me know if anyone has anything different 🙂

In Christ

SofOL

son of Our Lady:
For the Franciscan Crown the mysteries are
  1. The Annunciation
  2. The Visitation
  3. The Birth of the Jesus
  4. The Magi Worship Jesus
  5. Jesus is Found in the Temple
  6. The Resurrection
  7. Mary is Assumed in Heaven and Crowned Queen
That’s what I’ve been reciting, so let me know if anyone has anything different 🙂
I’m a Secular Franciscan, and those are the same mysteries I use. 🙂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madia

It’s in the Gospel. Remember the gardener asking “Why you are looking for the living among the dead?”
Isn’t that Mary Magdalen not Mary the Mother of Jesus? What I meant was the sixth mystery being Jesus first appearing to His Mother Mary.

For those of you that pray this Rosary is Saturday the most appropriate day to pray it or do you pray it any time?

Are there any specific Bible verses for meditation for the additional two decades? If so, what are they?

Are there any specific Bible verses for meditation for the additional two decades? If so, what are they?
Matthew 2 contains the story of the magi:
usccb.org/nab/bible/matthew/matthew2.htm

Jesus’ appearance to His Mother after His Resurrection isn’t told in the Gospels but not everything Jesus did is in the Gospels (John 21:25). If you want something to meditate on for the mystery (other than what is told of Mary and Christ’s Resurrection in the Gospels), try this section of “The Mystical City of God”:
geocities.com/Athens/Ithaca/7194/book6c11.html

While it’s private revelation (and contains the normal caveats associated with private revelation), it will at least give you something to meditate on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back