G
Gwendolen
Guest
I was driving my daughter to pre-school, listening to the radio. I couldn’t figure out what was going on – did a plane bomb the Trade Center or the Pentagon? Were we under attack from another country? It was all jumbled mess. I called my husband on the cell from the car and told him to turn on CNN. He didn’t believe me “planes couldn’t get over here and bomb us”. It was an hour round trip to my daughter’s school, and when I returned home, my DH was still not dressed or showered, eyes glued to CNN. By that time, he figure out what happened, and explained it to me.
We had lost infant twins a few months before, one shortly before birth, the other several days old. We were still numb. I was so sucked dry, I pretty much didn’t care – it felt like anything could happen, any of us could just die at any time. It was like the very presence of God was just gone. It was a full year, and they were showing anniversary episodes on TV before I could bring myself to sit down and watch what happened and mourn for those people.
We had lost infant twins a few months before, one shortly before birth, the other several days old. We were still numb. I was so sucked dry, I pretty much didn’t care – it felt like anything could happen, any of us could just die at any time. It was like the very presence of God was just gone. It was a full year, and they were showing anniversary episodes on TV before I could bring myself to sit down and watch what happened and mourn for those people.