Who are your Patron Saints?

• Thread starter Thread starter Barbara_Ann
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barbara_Ann

We all have many patron Saints :getholy: ? First the saints we are given at Baptism and the patron we choose at Conformation. After that there are Patrons of our Diocese, city, and nation. There are patrons of our profession. Then there the special saints that we ask to interceed for us in our particular situations from time to time. Also there are the saints we just sort of want to spiritually hang out with. I challenge you to find out more about these saints and post it here on this thread. My patron saints are first my Baptismal Saints St.Barbara and St. Anne. There is a wonderful story of how I came to be named Barbara. but that is for another posting. I am a librarian so my patron saints in that field are St. Catherine of Alexanderia, St Jerome, and St Lawrence. I am starting a new career in computers, so I have added a new St. to my circle of spiritual friends, St Isidore of Seville. (Service Administrator please note) who is the patron saint of computer users.
There are many more Sts. stories in my life and I am sure there are many in yours I am eagerly awaiting your posts

St. Albertus Magnus, the patron of those who deal with medical technology (I’m studying to become a medical transcriptionist). I also think it’s cool that he was St. Thomas Aquinas’ professor.

DaveBj

Dear Barabara Ann

I know our Holy Patrons are greatly neglected and I hope in some small way by your thread that people will think and talk to our Holy Patrons and Angels more or begin to do so.

My Patrons are, St Teresa of Avila (baptism) and St Elizabeth (confirmation), John the Baptists mother.

I’m a formative Carmelite Third Order so thank God am under the Patronage of all the great Saints of that order eg, Elijah, St Therese, St John of the Cross, St Jude (including Pope John Paul II who was a TOC and due to be beatified !) as well as our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary.

I have personal devotions to St Paul, St Francis, St Padre Pio, St Anthony, St Joseph and St Michael the Archangel.

Daily call on all the Holy Patrons and Angels, they are all at our disposal, it’s God’s Will.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

It’s funny that you brought this up now because I was thinking of posting something of this nature. I am going to be baptized and confirmed this Easter and just realized a few weeks ago that I get to choose a patron saint. I think it’s awesome! Anways, I was wondering how you go about picking your patron saint… I know it has a lot to do with prayer and research on the saints, but I was wonder how did you all know which one was right for you?? Is it just a feeling or one that you think is cool?? It is so hard because they all did such great things! I look forward to reading about everyone’s patron saints! Thanks and God Bless,

Rachel

What a fun thread Barbara Ann!

Baptismal name: Karen Marie from Catherine and Mary

My parish and country: Mary the Immaculate Conception

Confirmation: Marie for Mary our mother

Diocese of Baton Rouge: St. Joseph

State: Louisiana: Mary, Our Lady of Prompt Succor; she’s especially called upon during hurricane season and very special to the people of New Orleans - they have a national shrine down there at the Ursuline Convent and I think a Mass is said every year commemorating the victory of the Battle of New Orleans. The city called upon her intercession as the English were coming. Forgive me, I don’t know too much about it as I’m from a small town closer to Baton Rouge. Maybe someone here from New Orleans can fill us in more.

My job: accounting - St. Matthew (but I also work for the state, does anyone know a patron for state employees?)

Saints I pray to the most: Mary, especially under the title of Our Lady of Perpetual Help, St. Jude, St. Theresa (the Little Flower).

Other favorites: St. Michael, St. Vincent de Paul, St. Peter, St.Joseph, St. Ann, St. Rita, St. Bernadette

St. Augustine is the Patron of our diocese. However St. Patrick is the patron of the City of Tucson. We used to have a big St. Patrick’s day parade but city funds were cut. There were many mariachi bands in the parade. On the Sunday before St. Patricks Day we often have a Mariachi Mass. Our city has also been blessed with actual visits from Saints. St. Katherine Drexel established some of the schools here.

For those looking for patron saints of information about saints here is an excellent website catholic-forum.com/saints/indexsnt.htm This is a work in progress but it provides a lot of information as well as links and lists of books. It has a wonderful image gallery.

St. Joseph

St. Benedict, St. Francis, St. Michael, St. Jude, St. Anthony also have special places in my heart.

Then there is St. Theresa of Avila (who is the parish patron) and with her St. John of the Cross and St. Catherine of Senia also come to mind (some of our great spiritual mystics)

And who can forget the Immaculate Heart of The Blessed Virgin and the Sacred Heart of our Lord Jesus

Another Louisiana person…we are multiplying 🙂 I am a KC at St. Joseph’s Cathedral…Fr. Young is one of the greatest priest I have ever had the joy of knowing. While I am a KC at St. Joseph’s, I am registered at St. Agnes. I hope to talk to you soon…God Bless, Sonny

My personal saints are St. Michael The Archangel, St. Peter, and St. Jude
40.png
Karen1996:
What a fun thread Barbara Ann!

Baptismal name: Karen Marie from Catherine and Mary

My parish and country: Mary the Immaculate Conception

Confirmation: Marie for Mary our mother

Diocese of Baton Rouge: St. Joseph

State: Louisiana: Mary, Our Lady of Prompt Succor; she’s especially called upon during hurricane season and very special to the people of New Orleans - they have a national shrine down there at the Ursuline Convent and I think a Mass is said every year commemorating the victory of the Battle of New Orleans. The city called upon her intercession as the English were coming. Forgive me, I don’t know too much about it as I’m from a small town closer to Baton Rouge. Maybe someone here from New Orleans can fill us in more.

My job: accounting - St. Matthew (but I also work for the state, does anyone know a patron for state employees?)

Saints I pray to the most: Mary, especially under the title of Our Lady of Perpetual Help, St. Jude, St. Theresa (the Little Flower).

Other favorites: St. Michael, St. Vincent de Paul, St. Peter, St.Joseph, St. Ann, St. Rita, St. Bernadette

Other than my Confirmation name and Parish, all theses were found at Patron Saints Index Topic List:
Baptismal name:
Confirmation: Matthew
My parish: Michael the Archangel
Archdiocese of Detroit: Anne - Mother of Our Lady
State: Michigan: Our Lady, Gate of Heaven
My job: Computers: Isidore of Seville
PF

None of my given names are saint’s names, but I chose St. Joseph as my patron saint. I also have a strong devotion to Padre Pio, so I consider him my patron saint too.

None of my given names are saint’s names, but I chose St. Joseph as my patron saint. I also have a strong devotion to Padre Pio, so I consider him my patron saint too.

St. Teresa is my confirmation saint, but my St. Philomena is my goto girl. I also pray every night to St. Dymphna, St. Gerard, St. Teresa, St. Philomena, St. Francis… I think that is it.

St. Patrick and St. Walter are my patrons because they are my namesakes. St. Isidore is my chosen confirmation patron. St. Joseph is my patron as a father and a husband. I have chosen St. Therese of Lisieux is my personal patron.

Saint Joseph, Husband of Mary
Saint Thomas a Becket
Saint Thomas More

40.png
dumspirospero:
Another Louisiana person…we are multiplying 🙂 I am a KC at St. Joseph’s Cathedral…Fr. Young is one of the greatest priest I have ever had the joy of knowing. While I am a KC at St. Joseph’s, I am registered at St. Agnes. I hope to talk to you soon…God Bless, Sonny
Hi Sonny!
It’s good to know I have neighbors here.
I’m a member of Immaculate Conception in Denham Springs, but I’ve gone to the Cathedral a few times for weekday Mass and stuff. Yes, Fr. Young does seem to be a terrific priest.

Karen

My personal patron saint is St. Cecilia, Patron Saint of Music. My prayer patron is St. Therese, The Little Flower.

St. Anthony of Padua. In our Franciscan Fraternity, we have: a Frank,Anthony, and a Claire. So far no Bonaventure!

Deacon Tony

Patron Saints are : Blessed Mother Mary, Saint Therese, and St Anne and my two personal favorites St Anthony of Padua and St Jude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back