Who can heal?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jacob
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jacob

My aunt has told me that anyone can heal another person. Now, I don’t mean medically, but some priest have healing masses and she said anyone can heal. Is this true. Please resond to this only if you are 100% sure. I only want to know the truth. Thank you very much. God Bless!

40.png
Jacob:
My aunt has told me that anyone can heal another person. Now, I don’t mean medically, but some priest have healing masses and she said anyone can heal. Is this true. Please resond to this only if you are 100% sure. I only want to know the truth. Thank you very much. God Bless!
The Gift of Healing is one of the extraordinary graces of the Holy Spirit. According to the Catholic Encyclopedia,
"They belong to ordinary sanctity and are within the reach of every Christian. The gifts mentioned in the Epistle to the Corinthians are not necessarily connected with sanctity of life. They are special and extraordinary powers vouchsafed by God only to a few, and primarily for the spiritual good of others rather than of the recipient."So, to answer your question, anyone CAN heal IF given this grace by the Holy Spirit.

Hope this helps!

I believe that your aunt is 100% true. God can use anyone that God wills. There are people who have had special healing ministry given to them by God under special circumstances eg. Sr. Brigge McKenna (sp). Healing needs the faith of the one praying and the one being prayed for.

The Barrister:
The Gift of Healing is one of the extraordinary graces of the Holy Spirit. According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, "They belong to ordinary sanctity and are within the reach of every Christian. The gifts mentioned in the Epistle to the Corinthians are not necessarily connected with sanctity of life. They are special and extraordinary powers vouchsafed by God only to a few, and primarily for the spiritual good of others rather than of the recipient."So, to answer your question, anyone CAN heal IF given this grace by the Holy Spirit.

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much.

40.png
Jacob:
My aunt has told me that anyone can heal another person.
I believe that St. Paul puts it best in 1 Corinthians 12:12-14, 27-31:
For as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, many as they are, form one body, so also it is with Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Gentiles, whether slaves or free; and we were all given to drink of one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many. Now you are the body of Christ, member for member. And God indeed has placed some in the Church, first apostles, secondly prophets, thirdly teachers; after that miracles, then gifts of healing, services of help, power of administration, and the speaking of various tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? Do all have the gift of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? Yet strive after the greater gifts.
I take this to mean that, while not everyone is given the gift of healing, God can certainly choose to give that gift to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back